Bonus Chapter - 2

Steamy scenes ahead. Read, or don't.

****

Athena

20 hours later here we were, in the Bahamas. 

The first place he ever took me for our 'honeymoon'.

Back then my aim was to break his ice facade, nothing more. Now he is the father of our two kids.

I stared out into the horizon that met the ocean and the sky. Waves of gentle, cold water glided over my feet, washing me to a sense of calmness.

The sky was a beautiful mix of violet and orange, with a tinge of the night sky. The sun was setting quickly, but the few seconds of the artistic picture blew away my mind.

Sometimes I feel like the world wouldn't be filled with so many problems and fights if they took a bit of time to watch a sunset. Maybe they would have a change of heart seeing the beauty of nature.

Strong arms wrapped around my body causing me to jerk, before relaxing.

 "Ace." Who else dared to touch me like this? My one and only loving husband.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He mumbled, resting his chin in the crook of my neck.  I didn't bother replying, my silence was an answer.  We watched the sun dip down the horizon together, enveloped in soothing quietness. Only the waves that hit our feet were heard.

"You are shivering." Ace noted, tightening his hold on me. I was shivering, the night fell and the air turned colder than I thought it would. 

Ace rubbed his hands over my arms soothingly. "Let's get you inside." I nodded, turning around, walking with him to the beach house.

I felt...I don't know. Without the kids the hectic life felt a bit easier, the jobs were on hold and it was just us. I wanted to cuddle with him for the rest of my life but at the same time have an unlimited amount of sex.

....guess I am just glad to be here with him.

"Ace?" He looked down at me as he opened the door. Letting me in and getting in himself into the warm beach house he shut the door. 

"Yes?"

"I love you." I voiced without missing a beat.

Ace cocked his head, staring at me. He must be wondering why I randomly said it. I don't know, I felt like I needed to say it, to calm myself.

I probably make no sense right now.

"Holy shit why are you crying?" Ace gasped, looking surprised and concerned.

I am?

He brought his hands up, wiping away my wet cheeks. I was too lost in thoughts I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying, Athena?" He asked gently.

I guess that's when I really decided to cry.

I started sobbing, my whole body was shaking with the force while he looked terrified. Ace held me, lifting me into his arms before heading to the bedroom.

"Athena....seriously, stop crying. It's hard to look at you cry, love." He pleaded, setting me down on the bed. He crawled towards me and held me in his arms, patting my head as I cried into his chest.

I knew for one thing I wasn't crying because of something bad. I was happy, so happy, and I felt like bursting from it.

I felt....so full. So content.