Chapter 5: Alpha William

Alpha William Octavius

Leaving my first Grand Meeting, excitement and frustration are battling for dominance in my body. I have only been 18 for a few months so I'm eager to be seen as not only a suitable leader but also a respectable Alpha. I'm disappointed because I thought I would meet my mate during the Grand Meeting. I hoped that I would meet my mate as quickly as my father met my mother, which was a childhood fantasy. I haven't lost hope that I would meet her soon as I've only just become Alpha and haven't traveled enough or visited enough packs yet.

My first pack meeting as Alpha is with East Blossom Pack where I will revise my pack's alliance and rewrite it with my name as Alpha. East Blossoms Alpha and Luna are Alexander and Sky Richard.

They are friends of my parents and have a son named Charlie that is half my age that will take over their pack when he comes of age. The Grand Meeting is in the Mid-East and the East Blossom Pack is the farthest east pack living on the east coast. The journey to their pack isn't much farther from the grand meeting but I need to be on my way and traveling so I can make it to all my pack meetings on time.

The road on the way there is boring to look at. The ground around us is flat in any way that counts. Thinking of all the paperwork that needs to be done in this trip it's probably best if I get started on some of it. Looking out the window one last time wishing that I was running in my other skin instead of this one would be so much better. But alas I look down with a sigh and get started on my paperwork.

Time flys by and before I know it the pack and I arriving at East Blossom Pack. The pack and I exit our vehicles and are greeted by Blossom pack members. Alexander Richard steps forward and claps me on the shoulder,
"Son it's good to see you it's been too long you've grown!" He smiles good in good nature without showing teeth. His brown hair with small bits of grays poking through a sign of the stress his life has had. He looks just as I remember except this time instead of towering over me we are even hight.

The last time I met with Alpha Richard was when I was but a young teen just learning the ropes of being a leader, I still have a lot to learn. His son Charlie stands by his side almost a mirror image of what I think Alexander would look like as a child. His mate and Luna Sky stands behind her son her hands resting on the boys shoulders. She's tall as far as she wolves go, standing only a few inches below her mate.
"Yes I believe I have, last I saw you I was still sitting at the kids table if I recall."
An easy smile spreads across my face and a slight chuckle comes out. Alexander releases a big belly laugh and starts to walk guiding me with his hand on my shoulder towards the three story building. The clouds that have started to form overhead threatening rain encourage us to make our way inside.

His mate sky throws a small smile my way but leans down the talk to her son in his ear, her long brown hair falling over his shoulder. Whatever she says makes Charlie's face light up, he then runs along the side of the house and disappears around the corner.
After a good chat about the time passed and how his son is doing. Every Alpha will boast about their children. We sit and do the less fun parts of being Alpha.
His desk decorated in papers that have been signed and sorted into rough stacks Alexander leans back in his desk chair folding his hands behind his head in a relaxed pose,
"So, I see you haven't met your mate yet then?" His question more of a statement as the mystical she wolf would be by my side had I met her already.
"No. Unfortunately not yet." My answer reflects my mood on the subject, sad but hopeful.

"Ah, don't worry son you've only just become Alpha sometimes these things take time. I didn't meet my Sky until a full year after I became Alpha. Don't let it get to you." He smiles as if recalling the first time he met his mate, a look I've seen on many wolves faces, one I can't wait to wear on mine.