Chapter 13: Sky

Ahsoka's POV

It was almost midnight when we finally landed back on Coruscant. Padmé insisted that I stay at her apartment for the night but I told her that I should be going back to the Jedi temple. But after figuring out that it would be almost impossible to get into the Jedi temple at night without getting in trouble for being out past curfew I caved in and agreed to stay at Padmé's. She already had her guest bedroom ready for me. At first glance it was a small room with a queen bed, a book shelf, and a dresser. Along with a huge window that allowed me to see the beauty of Coruscant at night. It was busy with life everywhere even though it was the middle of the night. As soon as I walked in I didn't even bother turning the lights on. I just dropped my bag at the end of the bed, took off my shoes and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I was exhausted from traveling for most of the evening and for going to Tamwith Bay with Lux. I knew I had been asleep for more than a few hours when I heard something ringing. Thinking it was my master calling me I reached for my comm but when I pressed the answer button no one answered, I realized that wasn't it. I then figured out where the ringing was coming from, my bag. I crawled over to the end of the bed and opened up the front part of my bag where the holoprojector that Lux gave me was and pressed the answer button.

"Sky are you there, Sky come in." I hear realizing that the voice belonged to Lux.

"What? Why are you calling me Sky Lu ...." I started saying as I rubbed my eyes, allowing them to ajuste to the bright blue light.

"Don't say my name, we have no idea who might be listening in on either of us right now." Lux says in almost a whisper.

"Ohhhh, so that's why you called me Sky, as a code name." I say as I positioned myself sitting up with my legs crossed and the holoprojector in my right hand.

"Yep." He says in response.

"One question, why sky?" I ask.

"Because that's the color of your eyes."

"Are you sure it's not because you love sunsets?" I say as I remembered Lux telling me that his favorite color was the orange found in a sunset.

"I am positive it is because of your vibrant light blue, sapphire, eyes." Lux says this causes me to blush a bit. "Now, what should my code name be?" Lux asks.

"I think it should be..." I started saying, I needed a second to think. What would be a good code name for Lux? It needed to be short and simple yet sophisticated and classy like him. Then it came to me.

"L." I said.

"I like it, simple but me." Lux says. Which brought a smile to my face. I had hoped he would like it because I had no idea what I would have done if he didn't.

"Good because I don't feel like giving you a complicated code name at 3:00 am in the morning and another thing why in the galaxy are you calling me at this time?" I ask with a little sass in my tone because I didn't really won't to be up this early but talking to Lux made it worth it.

"Well I wanted to make sure that we were being discreet and I didn't want to wait till morning to talk to you." He says.

"Sure." I say rolling my eyes.

"Can't a friend just say hi to another friend at an absurd time in the morning?" Lux asks and we both break out into laughter. I didn't want to stop but if I didn't I might wake up Padmé.

"Well is there anything else you liked to say Lux?" I ask.

"No, not really, just wanted to make sure you were ok and that you got back to Coruscant safely."

"Thanks, Lux."

"For what?" He asks.

"For caring for me, I really need more people like you in my life." I say, the life of a Jedi was pretty lonely. Sure I had Anakin, Obi-wan, Rex and the 501st but they're all boys and they're all much older than me. It was nice to talk to someone who was my age, someone who could relate to me.