03

Emerald's POV

"Aigo! Are you really my daughter? You look like a goddess!" My mother said with so much exitement.

"Goddess na chubby." She added. Tsk.

Today is the day, I'm going to marry Carlisle.

I look at my mother who's too busy admiring me, wearing my wedding gown.

Her and Tita Sandra looked so happy. But me, I don't know if i should be happy... Even if i like Carlisle, He doesn't even like me.

"There you go, you're all ready." My hair stylist said smiling.

I smiled back at her, and mouthed 'thank you', before going out.

"Smile naman jan." Zach said, forcing me to smile.

Zachary De Leon, my bestfriend since highschool. He's once my crush, but he has a girlfriend back then, so i stopped having feelings for him. but he's single now. well, how can you not fall for him, when he's this handsome. He's tall, has a good sense of fashion, and a smart ass.

I looked at him and flashed a smile.

"Ay, kahit pilit maganda pa rin." He said as he chuckled.

Pogi mo beh, sana ikaw nalang pinakasalan 'ko.

I chuckled at my own thought, Zach noticed that, he looked at me.

"Why?'' He asked with a serious tone.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"See? you look prettier." He patted my head before leaving.

The wedding is about to start.

-

"Mr. Monteverde, do you take Ms. Velasco as your beloved wife?" The priest asked Carlisle.

"I, Carlisle Asher Monteverde, take you Emerald Ellen Velasco to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life." Carlisle said, flashing a fake smile.

Well of course, people are watching.

"Ms. Velasco do you take Mr. Monteverde as your beloved husband?" The priest asked me this time.

"I, Emerald Ellen Velasco, take you Carlisle Asher Monteverde to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life." I said and smiled at him genuinely.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said.

I was shocked when Carlisle put his lips on mine.

First kiss 'ko yun oh, yawa naman oh.

The kiss didn't last long, he stopped and faced the crowd, before he smiled. I did the same.

He bent down to reach my level and whispered something.

"Masyado ka namang nag-enjoy, don't expect that it will happen again, I don't like you." He smiled at me sarcastically before going.

Tama naman siya, I shouldn't expect that it will happen again, besides, we're just married because of a contract.

I was lying here in our bed, waiting for him to come home. It's 11:48 p.m, it's almost midnight, but he's not yet home.

I was shocked when the door opened aggresively, I stood up and went to him. His hair is a mess, his eyes are almost closed, and his cheeks were red. I can smell the scent of alcohol in him.

"Get out." He said coldly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Fuck, you're dumb." He laughed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"And why are you drunk?" I raised my right eyebrow.

He chuckled. "Oh god, don't act like a wife to me, you're just my wife in the law and the contract, never in my heart and mind." He said laughing sarcastically.

"Get out, who said we're sharing a room? for fuck's sake, itigil mo pagiging asumera mo." He said, half asleep.

"And take your stuffs." He said as he laid at the bed.

I took my stuffs as he said, and went out of the room. Wala pa ngang isang linggo pinapaiyak mo na agad ako.

As i come out of the room, i saw a not too old lady standing there.

"Uh- sorry ija, i didn't mean to eavesdrop." She looked nervous.

I smiled warmly at her and greeted her.

"Hello po, I'm Emerald, Elle for short, it's fine po." I said smiling.

''I'm Alicia, the head maid of this house, you can call me whatever you want." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you po." I smiled again.

"Nice? look at you, tears streaming down your beautiful face." She chuckled.

"How can you say that i'm beautiful?" I asked her.

I mean look at me, malaman.

"Here, wipe those." She handed me a white handkerchief.

"Thank you po." I thanked her.

"Let me help you with those, there's another room there, you can use that." She said as she spointed at the room beside Carlisle's.

I nod and placed my stuffs in there.

While cleaning the room, Mrs. Alicia spoke.

"Don't mind Asher, sira ulo talaga yun, just don't fall inlove with him, for sure you'll just get hurt." She said before leaving the room.

How can i not, when i already did?

-
A/N: Enjoy reading, enjoyin nyo lahat ng sama ng loob na makukuha nyo sa chapter na ito at sa mga susunod pa. :)