Chapter Eleven

"Who are you?"

That simple question tore my heart asunder at that moment. I heard him clear enough, but my mind went blank. So many thoughts began swirling in my head that it started to make me dizzy.

The younger sister, Suna, placed her hand on my back. "Kuya, this is your secretary, Miss Aria."

"Really?" Sir Lars tilted his head in confusion. "When did I hire this girl? As far as I can remember, Miriam is my assistant."

This girl...

The tall guy in the corner approached Sir Lars on his bed. "Brother-in-law, it seems that you're suffering from selective amnesia. Do you have no recollection of what happened a few days ago?"

"What are you saying, Haru?" Sir Lars looked at everyone in the room one by one. "Are you serious? I almost lost my life in a car accident again?! So this is already my third life!"

Napatalon kaming lahat nang sipain ni Lucy ang kama ni Sir Lars. "Patayin na lang kaya kita? It seems that you're in a hurry to meet God."

Sir Lars shot her a horrified look. "Why are you getting mad at me, Lucy? Was it all my fault?"

"You were the driver." Lucy retorted in a frighteningly cold tone. "And you almost got your secretary killed with you. How can you be so reckless?"

Finally, Sir Lars shifted his gaze to me and guilt registered in his eyes. Sandali siyang napayuko at humugot ng malalim na hininga.

"I see. So that's what happened." His dander suddenly dropped. "Your name's Aria, isn't it? I'm sorry. Not only do I not recognize you, but it seems that I'd put your life in danger. I sincerely apologize and I'm relieved to see that you're safe."

Why are you being so formal? I don't like it.

"It's not your fault, Sir. Another car crashed into ours." Nagtubig ang mga mata ko kaya mabilis akong yumuko upang itago ito. "I'm also glad that you're finally awake."

"So it wasn't my fault! Why were you blaming it on me, Lucy?!" Sir Lars fumed,  tearing his attention away from me. "You made it sound like I was the cause of the accident!"

The man in glasses spoke before the twins' banter could even escalate. "Now, now. Don't fight when Lars has just woken up. We should be celebrating."

"Hana!" Sir Lars chirped. "You were here?"

Hana. So he was Hana. He was the last person that we were talking about before the accident.

For some reason, I felt out of place.

He's suffering from selective amnesia. That means this version of Sir Lars was from before I met him. Suddenly, he felt like a total stranger to me.

My throat hurts.

How could he forget everything so easily?

"Are you okay?" Suna whispered to me then clung onto my arm. "You look pale, Miss Aria."

Hindi naman ako nakasagot. Nanatili ang titig ko kay Sir Lars na noo'y nakikipagtawanan sa pamilya niya. Ni hindi man lang siya napapatingin sa akin.

A hand gently took hold of my arm.

"I'll escort Miss Aria back to her room."

Napalingon ako sa lalaking tumabi sa akin. Si Genesis. Kumunot ang noo niya nang magtama ang paningin namin. What does he want from me?

"Please do. She needs to rest." malumanay na sambit ni Suna at tumango kay Genesis.

"Heh. What's that psycho doing here?" matapobreng sabi ni Sir Lars na ikinabigla ko. Why is he speaking to Genesis in that way?