4: Magic and Abilities (Unfinished)

Authors note: This is a draft I wrote in April and never got published because a lot of irl stuff were distracting me from this- Soo, yup.

Enjoy this small snippet, cuz it's the last bit of food you have until the entire thing gets revamped after quite a long time :]

~~~

Waking up after a small panic attack wasn't that great. Climbing out from bed with hair sticking out from all directions, Seline's clothes being the same as yesterday's, caked with dirt and dust. A rancid headache was also forming. Heading towards the bathroom, rubbing out sticky muck from her eyelashes with water. Running tap water was an occurring thing in the house as it seems, was expected for a rather rich family.

Splashing some more liquid on visible dirt stains on her tunic, trying to blur them away. Some stains became worse after the attempt, grumbling curses under her breath. Slinking out of the bathroom, silently turning the door handle, a small package sat on the floor in front of the doors.

'𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘱 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱. 𝘌𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺 :) -𝘓𝘦𝘹 ' Picking up the note scribbled with tidy handwriting, not controlling the urge to smile. The package was rather light, surrounded with fabric smooth and soft. Clicking the door behind her to change.

~~~

"Finally awake huh." Alan peeking out from the kitchen doorway, eying her a bit. "It's almost 11 in the morning, bet'cha had a nice sleep."

"Slept rather well indeed, don't you have school today? It's Monday." Trying to strike up a small conversation between the two.

"Homeschooled. Not that we're close to graduating anyway. Nice new clothes by the way." Crunching on some toast before throwing the compliment, mouth full of bread.

Seline's new outfit didn't have much difference to what she was wearing before. Yellowed tunic with puffy sleeves, with far more ruffles than she imagined, semi-long dark blue pants up to the knees, a small leather belt with a gold buckle adorned her waist, the rusty knife safely tucked between and out of sight, smooth slippers making little noise against the wooden planked floors.

"Why thank you." Huffing a small exhale of amusement, "Found these on the floor in front of my doors, a rather strange way to find clothes indeed."

"You don't need to be that formal with me, just be yourself." His smile wide while chuckling a few times. "Expected of Lex to do that to people."

"Oh? Did you see him in the act?" Raising an eyebrow while sitting down beside the boy.

"hahaha, obviously. My room is right beside yours. Heard footsteps so I peeked out to see him putting crap in front of your door." Finishing the last of his toast with him throwing the remains into the air, then fetching it with his mouth.  "Anyways, help yourself with breakfast or brunch or whatever." Pointing towards the fridge a few feet nearby.

"I'm not hungry, I could still survive with a few meals missing." Flashing a genuine smile  , still heading towards the fridge to check what was inside. It was contained with regular groceries, nothing too special, finally grabbing a carton of orange juice instead.

"Are you sure? Some food in the mornings makes you more awake after all." Plopping his legs on the table, fiddling with a wooden cube he fished out somewhere.

"Yep, what is that?" Eying the wooden cube on his hands, random carvings filling it from top to bottom. "Oh this? A puzzle game of some sort, you have to find a certain route to light up all the patterns on it with Magic." Not taking his gray eyes off it, concentrating with his fingers lightly touching the carvings, lighting a few in the process.