1. The Temptation

Being a stripper is not what I always wanted. No kid grows up dreaming of stripping at a strip club to gain money. At least, I didn't.

But when little coffee jobs didn't pay the rent, or my college fee, stripping at Delusion seemed a quick way of fulfilling my desires. And before I knew it, I was addicted to the job. I loved the quick money. And all I had to do was to dance in front of some horny men, and boom, I got money.

And I was doing it for myself anyway. I didn't have anyone to stop me from entering that world. My mother ran off with her lover when I was nine, and my dad... he passed away when I was seventeen.

"You look fantastic tonight, babe," My boss compliments as she comes up behind me while I do my makeup.

"I know," I joke.

"At least say thanks." She rolls her eyes before turning to the other dancer. I laugh. My boss, Laura, is a divorced woman in her thirties.

She took Delusion, the strip club, to its highs on her own. She is a determined and power-driven woman, and nothing can stop her.

Delusion is the place where all the rich people come to throw their money at us. The club is always packed with visitors - here, people celebrate their business achievements, and men and women celebrate their bachelorette parties. And drunkards hope to get laid by the pretty strippers.

And sometimes, by some luck, they do get laid.

"Today's latest news. Gustav Gilbert's body has finally been found." The news anchor on the TV speaks. I stare at the screen through the mirror as I put red lipstick on.

"The body of the famous business tycoon was found near the riverbank in the outers of the city. It has been revealed upon autopsy that Gilbert was brutally tortured before being murdered. His fingernails were ripped out, and his ribs were broken. Gilbert was missing four teeth. There were also multiple stab wounds on his back. Police suspect this murder is linked to the most feared and wanted Mafia Don, Enzo Vittori. The way of torturing, killing, and the missing fifty million dollars from Gilbert's bank account, point the case towards the Mafia Don." The anchor states.

"Of course, it was him," I mumble to myself as the image of the Mafia Don flashes on the screen. His blue eyes glare right into my soul through the TV. Despite the horrible things that he has done, there is peace behind his eyes as he smiles in the picture. His black hair is messed up, falling on his forehead. And I can't help but admire his beauty. Jade was right - the Mafia Don has something enchanting about him.

"But will the police do anything about this? Or is Vittori going to get away with it like always-"

"You are up next, right, Mila?" Laura says, grabbing my shoulders and giving them a light squeeze. I nod my head. "Perfect. You know they are waiting for you. You are our precious gem, after all," she chuckles.

I look at myself in the mirror one last time before leaving for the stage.

The music gets louder with every step I take, and the clicking sound of my high heels seems to fade away, becoming almost inaudible. On my way, I meet Jade, a co-worker. She is covered in sweat. Some dollar bills are stacked in her bra, and some are in her hand.

She grins as she sees me, "Look at you, ready to steal the show!" Jade says, pushing her red braids back.

"Oh, come on, you probably made my men your fans with that," I point at her body.

"Girl, no matter how much I work out, I ain't even close to getting a body like yours. Just look at you!" She fans herself with her dollar bills, making me burst out laughing.