6. The Abduction

"You still haven't told me anything about your special private dance," Jade insists for the second time today. She crosses her arms over her chest and waits for me to answer. I know I promised to tell her everything, but what am I supposed to tell her? That the special client was Enzo Vittori? Tell her I almost had sex with him but ended up rejecting him, and I'm somehow still alive? Or that I saw a murder?

"I'm sorry, Jade, but I don't want to talk about it," I lie as we walk towards the stage.

Oh, I really want to talk about it. But I don't want to put myself out there as the crazy woman that got horny because of the Mafia Don.

"Fine. But if you talk to anyone else about it, I will feed you to Enzo Vittori," Jade warns, pointing at me with narrowed eyes.

I think Enzo would love that. I make a face at my thoughts.

Enzo, Enzo, Enzo. It feels like my world revolves around him.

Jade and I reach the stage, and for the first time since I started dancing, I feel uneasy in front of so many people. Suddenly, I don't want to be here anymore. It's not the sea of hungry sharks staring at me. It's that one man whose blue eyes penetrate deep into me. Enzo is here again. Why is he here?

The music gets louder, indicating that I should dance, but I don't, I can't. I feel like my body is paralyzed by Enzo's dark gaze. I'm already half naked, but I feel naked.

"What are you doing?" I hear Jade's voice - it's full of confusion and annoyance, "Mila?" She calls for me again. But I don't react to her in any way.

My eyes stay locked with his, and I take a step back. My legs are giving away - it's getting harder to keep my balance and posture in these heels. I can't do it.

Flashbacks of that day appear in front of my eyes. I feel it all again. I hear the cries of that man. I smell the stench of blood. And I see the dead body.

Sweat runs down my forehead, and I get out of there. I hear the crowd complaining and whining, but I don't care.

With the back of my hand, I wipe away the sweat and feel my heart race.

"Mila, what is wrong? Are you alright? Look at me," Laura grabs my shoulders as soon as I enter the makeup room. Her face is full of worry, and her eyes are big. Her hands move to my face, and she makes me look at her.

"What happened?" She repeats.

"I'm not feeling well," I faintly reply. Laura makes me sit on a chair and tells another dancer to get me water.

"Is there something I can do for you?" Her otherwise firm voice is soft like she is talking to a child.

"I just want to go home," I mumble, "I'm tired, Laura." I'm tired of Enzo.

My boss nods her head, "Take a few days off, Mila,"

Yeah, I definitely need that. I nod my head. "I'll order a cab for you," Laura continues. I quickly shake my head, "I want to walk home today. I need some fresh air."

"Are you sure?" She asks for confirmation. I nod my head again.

After getting changed, I make my way out of Delusion.

Mist forms in front of my face as I breathe. It's cold and dark outside, but I don't care. I'd rather be here outside than in Delusion with Enzo. I hope he is still inside. And I hope he wasn't there because of me. I need to stay away from that man. He is the personification of danger and evil.

As I am walking, I hear a vehicle slowly driving behind me. Its headlights make my shadow look larger. Maybe I'm in the way of the car, and the driver is patiently waiting for me to move aside. And that is what I do - I step aside. But the vehicle stays close behind me as if following me. I gulp and keep walking with my head down.

With every step I take, I feel my heart getting more agitated. And I don't dare to look behind. What if it is Enzo?

Yet, to my surprise and relief, the car drives past me, speeding into the curve. I let out a breath.

I look into the night sky, only to realize it's raining. How did I not notice that? Maybe I was too scared of the car behind me that I forgot to acknowledge the rest of the surroundings.

A little smile creeps on my face as the drops fall on me. I used to play in the rain with my father when I was a child. I would always run up to him and excitedly pull him out in the rain. And my father never complained, nor did he refuse to come with me, no matter how tired he was. He was always there with me and for me. My dad was my best friend. He was my hero.

"I'm sure you had bigger dreams for me, dad. I'm sorry," I bitterly chuckle, looking up. I know he is watching over me, or at least that is what I want to believe.

I sigh again and continue walking.

I take a turn into the same street the car turned into and stop - that car is there. And a tall man leans against it. There is no way I can know this, but I know it's one of Vittori's men. I can see the gun peeking out of his pocket, warning me and telling me to run for my life. I turn around before he can see me, but I come face to face with the devil.

"Hello, tesoro," he smiles down at me. Water falls from his wet hair onto my face - he is that close. His white shirt is soaked and sticks to his body like a layer of skin. I can see everything.

"Why are you here?" I speak. I don't know where the sudden confidence comes from.

Enzo chuckles, "I'm here to get you, Mila." He says my name and the way he says it gives me goosebumps.

"What do you mean?" I whisper, afraid to raise my voice at him.

"I thought about it," Enzo tilts his head to the side almost childishly, "You do need to get a punishment for disobeying me."

My eyes widen at that. Is he going to kill me? Or torture me as he has done with other people?

"What are you going to do?" My voice is shaky, and my legs are jittery as I take a step away from him.

But Enzo grabs my throat, pulling me closer to him, so close that I feel his breath on my lips. He gazes at my mouth before looking back into my eyes, "I'm planning on taking you," his lips almost touch mine, and the only thing holding me up is his grip on my throat. I don't know if I'm scared or feeling some other way I shouldn't. I shouldn't feel anything except fear.

"You are coming with me," he speaks again.

"And believe me, darling, we will have a wonderful time together."

That is the last I hear of him before someone puts a cloth on my mouth from behind. I instinctively try to free myself and not breathe the chloroform, but it happens anyway. And in no time, I'm gone.

Enzo Vittori abducted me.

***

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

I am SO sorry for taking so long. I've started working and all, but I promise I won't take this long to publish a chapter again!

Love ya,

Simran.