14.

So miracles do happen

I'm not saying it was easy, it took me quite some time, but Elizabeth finally agreed to spend Christmas with us.

I had to pester her for three fucking days around the clock, until she said the magical word, most likely just so I would shut up already.

The point is that the plan is ready, I fly to New York in 10 days, we spend the day there together on the 22nd, then we have a flight to London the next day.

I honestly can't wait for Reina to meet everyone, I think they'll love her, especially the kids.

When I mentioned the fact that if I say we spend Christmas with the family, it literally means pretty much the whole family - including grandmothers, uncles, aunts, siblings and half siblings, plus a bunch of children - I wouldn't say Elizabeth took it very well.

She said socialising is not really her thing, and that she's not good with strangers... I told her that that's bullshit and she's crazy if she thinks that's going to be enough for me to let this go.

I got my hopes up too much to simply just allow her to back out... I want her there.

And I'm someone who always gets what he wants.

See above, I did convince her.

And now she's throwing a million questions at me, already becoming a nervous wreck, even though she has almost two weeks to prepare.

"What kind of clothes should I bring? I imagine your people as the fancy kind, with big ass dinner parties and posh family photos..." She says in a hushed voice, making me chuckle while I try to focus on the road in front of myself.

I'm currently driving to Sierra's place so I can pick her up. We have a doctor's appointment, the first time I'm going to see the baby.

To be honest, I'm kinda nervous so I'm actually pretty glad for Elizabeth's distraction, despite how much I'm trying to keep up my fake annoyance.

"First of all, I'm going to pretend that was an innocent question without any kind of hidden insult..." I pause for a moment as she laughs softly, and I smirk to myself at our playful teasing.

"Second, you couldn't be further from the truth. We're not fancy at all. There's going to be a Christmas dinner so I guess you can throw in a dress if you'd like, other than that though everyone sticks to their sweatpants and ugly sweaters." I explain, thinking back to last year, when Gemma and I went through the holidays in our matching reindeer jumpers.

"Fine. But if I'm underdressing, I'll tell everyone it's your fault." She says, probably rolling her eyes at me.

We stay quiet for a few seconds before she speaks up again, her voice is hesitant like she's not sure of herself. "Are you nervous?" She asks, changing the topic and reffering to my current destination.