09 - First Time For Butterflies..

"Han Sang-ah."

"Hmm.. yeah?"

"Do you believe in love?"

Taehyung's eyes opened hesitantly and turned his head to look at Jungkook. The younger had his eyes closed too, and both of them were lying down on the rooftop of the school. A flash of something close to fear appeared in Taehyung's eyes for a second before he masked it with a smile.

"Love? No, not really. Why?" Taehyung poked the younger boy lightly with his finger. "Do you?"

"I don't know. Maybe." Jungkook shrugged and tried to look nonchalant. "Lately it's been on my mind."

"Ohh…" Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows with a suggestive look on his face. "Come on, out with it! Who's the lucky girl?"

"N-no one-"

"Cut!"

Both Taehyung and Jungkook stopped their parts and looked at Yoongi, who was walking towards them.

"Jungkook, I need you to look really shy and mortified and happy here. You're literally talking about your first crush to your best friend. You need to feel the moment. You get what I'm saying?"

Jungkook gave a little nod. "I think I do, Yoongi hyung."

"Okay, let's take it from the top, again!"

Jungkook takes a deep breath, gives a small smile in response to Taehyung's encouraging smile and they start to take the shot again. 

And again, Yoongi stopped them in the middle.

"Cut! Little bit more Jungkook, it's still not right. I need some more feelings. I need you to look giddy, but mortified at the same time."

Jungkook looked a little troubled at that but he nodded his head, determined to do it properly this time. 'Giddy and mortified' He could do it. 

Taehyung watched the interaction silently, but he couldn't wait when he noticed the semi-panickes look on Jungkook's face. "If I may offer some advice, Yoongi hyung."

Yoongi gave a nod before announcing a short break for 5 minutes. Taehyung waited till Yoongi walked back to his seat, before turning towards Jungkook. There were still many people around them within hearing distance so they had to be professional.

"Why don't you try to think of something in real life that is similar to this situation. Like the first time you had a crush or when you first realized you liked someone. Try to recall what you felt at that time, and recreate it here."

Jungkook listened with rapt attention. He tried to remember a,time he felt like that, blushing slightly when he finally did.

Taehyung watched as a really beautiful and shy smile came onto Jungkook's face. There seems to be a slight pinkish hue on the younger's face too. Taehyung sneaked a glance at Yoongi, only to see the elder raising his eyebrows in an impressed way. 

Because this time, Jungkook had the prettiest smile, a little bashful and shy but with sparkling eyes. Exactly like the one Yoongi had wanted.

Guess they were ready for the shot now. 

"Come on, out with it! Who's the lucky girl?"

Jungkook turned his face slightly away from Taehyung before muttering a reply. "N-no one. I'm just asking, hypothetically."

Taehyung snorted before sitting up on the floor. He gave a teasing look to Jungkook, which the younger tried to ignore. Tried being the key word. 

"Now, now. Don't lie to me, Min-Hyuk-ah. Come on! Tell me!! I wanna be your wingman."

"Oh my God, stop!" Jungkook got up from the floor and brushed his pants to remove the dust stuck to them. "There's nothing to be a wingman for."

Taehyung gave a mischievous smirk. "Yet."

Jungkook sighed in response, but the shy smile that was on his face was a clear enough indication of how he really felt. "Yet."

"And cut!!" Yoongi yelled into the small microphone he had in his hand. "That was perfect, Jungkook. Nicely done, both of you. And thank you, Taehyung."

Jungkook's face split into a radiant smile while Taehyung gave a little nod. The elder is used to compliments about his acting so it didn't affect him that much but Jungkook was beaming happily. Anyone could see that he was absolutely ecstatic.  

Taehyung was intrigued. He knew all of Jungkook's expressions by heart and  could read Jungkook's face in a second. The younger was really reaching into his past and feeling the moment. Taehyung was curious to know what it was. 

Taehyung knew that he was Jungkook's first real relationship because the younger had said so but he wasn't confident that Jungkook didn't have a crush before him. Jungkook's first crush could very well be someone before he even met Taehyung.

Later that night, when they were both lying under the duvet, Taehyung decided to ask the question that had been on his mind the whole day. 

"Baby..?"

"Hmm..?"

"Today at the shoot…"

Jungkook raised his head from Taehyung's chest to look at the elder properly. Taehyung's hesitance was making Jungkook frown a bit. "What about it?"

"I was just wondering. What were you thinking about?"

Jungkook gave a little laugh at that. He was kind of expecting this question. After all, he knew Taehyung like the back of his hand too.

"Do you remember that day in the library? I was looking for a book to finish my assignment but someone had already taken it. You flirted with the assistant and got the name of the person who took the book. And then you tracked her down, begged her to lend you the book for a few hours so that I could do my work."

Taehyung remembered it very clearly. He almost had to agree for a date with that girl, just so he could get the book from her. Luckily, he managed to settle with buying her lunch from the school cafeteria for the week.

"You were thinking about me?"

Jungkook gave a small smile and a nod. "Yeah. You sat on the library floor with me, waited till I was done referencing it and returned the boom too. No one had ever done something like that for me. So yeah, that might be the first time I fell for you. Could have been earlier too though. You know that I'm not very good with figuring out emotions."

Taehyung is suprised. Jungkook had never told him about the significance of that incident. "That was the first time for you? But that's like a few months before I asked you out!"

Jungkook didn't answer. He simply snuggled more into Taehyung's chest and closed his eyes. That might have been the first time Jungkook acknowledged that he has feelings other than friendship with the elder. But if he is really honest with himself, Jungkook can see that it might have been love at first sight too.