10. Invitations ♔︎

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

All Kiara wanted to do was go home and take a long relaxing bath after the news her mother just dropped on them, but instead, she was currently sitting outside of Luna's apartment complex on the phone with Chantal, her club's manager.

"Chantal, me and Luna gonna be sort of MIA for a few days. We got some family shit we need to deal with."

"Y'all okay?" She sounded worried. "What's going on?"

"We're fine. It's just some- we just got some stuff to sort out right now. But are you gonna be good running the club without me for the weekend?"

"Girl, I'll be fine. Just go ahead and handle whatever it is y'all got going on. And remember, I'm here if you needa talk, okay?"

"I know," Kiara nodded her head as if Chantal could see her. "And I'll tell you about it later, but right now I just... I'm just tryna process this shit myself."

"Okay boo. Well, I know you had a rough ass night with all them damn shots you was taking. So make sure you drink a lot of fluids and get enough rest for me."

"I will, thank you. But I'll hit you up later, okay?"

"Yeah, talk to you later Kiara," Chantal made a kissing sound into the phone before she hung up.

Kiara stayed in her car for quite a while after the call ended. She sat there for nearly 45 minutes in complete silence before deciding to finally get out of the car to go check on Luna and Cameron like she said she would.

"Is mom okay?" Was the first thing Luna asked when she opened the door.

The second Luna left their parents' house, she immediately started feeling bad about what she'd said to Chloe. She regretted saying what she did so bad, but once the words left her lips, she couldn't take it back.

That's a terrible habit of hers, saying things out of anger- and that's one of the main reasons her and Kiara fight as much as they do. Luna might not necessarily be wrong in a lot of what she says, but the delivery is almost always less than desirable.

"She was crying a whole lot after y'all left," Kiara walked into the apartment. "But she'll be fine... I hope. At least I got her to calm down a little before I left."

"Is she mad at me?"

"I don't think so, at least she didn't say she was. I think she's more upset with herself, to be honest. But still, you ain't have to call her a whore. That was hella outta pocket."

"I didn't mean to say it," Luna whispered. "I was just-"

"Ain't no excuse. You can be mad, shit you can even be pissed the hell off with her. And sure, what she did is upsetting, but she's still our mother at the end of the day, and you was wild disrespectful to her back there. You do realize that, right?"

"Yeah," she mumbled. "I know."

"And you know what that means?"

"That I gotta apologize to her."

"Exactly," Kiara nodded her head. "She's wrong as hell for lying to all of us this whole time, but she ain't never disrespect us in her life, so she ain't deserve that energy you gave her."

"You're right," Luna sighed. "I'ma call her later. And I been tryna reach daddy to talk to him too, but he ain't answering none of my damn calls or text messages."

"Yeah, he not answering my calls either. I don't know what the hell is going on with him. But where's Cameron? Cause that's who I really wanna talk to right now."