Obadiah

Just so everyone knows, I am not catholic I know nothing about the catholic religion all I know is some people within the catholic church cannot be married so I took that and ran with it bc I love Obadiah and I have no ideas for what to write about him. 

*******************************

Your husband was sitting in bed with a book in hand reading from the little candle illuminating a gentle light from the bedside table.  He had been gone all day at the church as he was ever since you got married. He’d leave early in the morning before you woke and most nights he wouldn’t get back until you were getting ready to settle into bed.  

Today you spent the day at the park. You thought it would be good to get out of the house for a while. When you were at the park, you saw many families there, they were running around and playing. One family that stood out to you was a mother, father, their son who couldn’t be any older than 4 and their daughter who was only a few months old. He was standing on the side of the stroller playing peek-a-boo with his little sister who was giggling very loud, it brought a smile to your face. 

You had always wanted children and after Obadiah had proposed you sat down and told him that you would love to have children one day and he told you that he always wanted kids too. So you decided to talk to him about finally trying for a baby.  

He had come home a little earlier than usual today so you cooked his favorite dinner and spent the night curled up on the couch together until it was time to get ready for bed.  You had just left the bathroom that connected to your bedroom when you saw him sitting on the bed reading.  No time like the present you thought to yourself.  

Walking over to his side of the bed you took the book mark off the bedside table and placed it in the book in his hands then closed it, setting it on the bedside table.  Obadiah just looked at you strangely but let you do it. Then you crawled on top of him and straddled his lap, leaning forward and wrapping your arms around his neck. 

“Hm, what’s all this angel?”  He asked, gripping your hips. “Is someone in the mood?”  He smirked, leaning forward and placing kisses to your neck. 

“Well yes that is part of it.”  You giggled, his fingers tickling your back as he started to untie your nightgown.  “I want to start trying to have a baby.” You added.  His hands stilled and he raised an eyebrow at you.

“A baby? Why?”  You found the question odd but assumed he was just asking why now?

“While you were away at work today I went to the park and seeing all the kids running around with their siblings and parents just made me feel like it was time. There was this one little boy. He was the cutest thing. Maybe 4 years old at most and he was playing peek-a-boo with his sister who was only a few months old. It was the sweetest thing and.” 

“Y/N we can’t.” He cut you off.

“What do you mean we can’t?  Obi, I know it might be scary to think about becoming a father because there is a lot of responsibility that goes into it but you will be a great father.”  

“Y/N, I told you I always wanted children, I never said I’m able to have them.”

“What have you tried before?” You asked, feeling disgusted that he might have had sexual relations with some other women before you were married. 

“What no! Y/N, I know that you are new to your faith and you have only been practicing the catholic religion for a short time but I am a clergyman. I am supposed to be setting an example for the rest of the congregation. Having a child would show them that I have given into lust and would set a bad example on the church and me.I can’t let them think that I have been tainted.”  He tried to defend himself.