Chapter 15 ~ Zayn Malik?

I was confused why he was looking at me weirdly

I was confused why he was looking at me weirdly. Arjun held my hand tightly.

"What?", Arjun asked in which he shook his head and put up a fake smile.

"But.. Aarthi is supposed to be your wife right?", He asked all of sudden which made me sense why he was looking at me weirdly.

"Umm... Well. She- I- you know, she's my childhood crush. I've told you about her right? At the last moment, I realised that Thara is really my love and requested her to accept it. She gladly did. I talked to Aarthi and she understood.", Arjun lied.

"But, Aarthi loved you too right. She was almost obsessed with you. How did she?", That man was really confused.

"Leave it, Aditya. Just enjoy your moment. You're going to be a king.", Arjun said and looked at me. I couldn't read his expression and lowered my head.

We settled in our seats and looked at the traditions people were doing to their new king.

"Why did you lie? You could've told him the truth..", I said as his gaze was only fixed on the stage.

"You will be embarassed. I don't care about our real relationship. But, you're my wife now infront of everyone. My work is to protect you and not let others judge you."

Impressed!

"What about my snacks? I'm hungry.", I said and I clearly knew it's not the time.

He pointed his finger where there a lot of snacks where many maids were serving it to people.

"You should wait. They will serve you.", He said in which I nodded.

Soon, a maid served me some snacks and a cup of tea. Arjun said he don't want any, so I ate without him. Those snacks were tasty. After I'm done eating, I looked back at Arjun whose gaze was still on the stage.

We were in the same place for hours. I wish I was in the palace. Why did I even come here?

"It's boring, Arjun.", I said and he scoffed.

"Told you."

I rested my head on Arjun's shoulder because I was feeling sleepy. It was damn boring to see this. His body stiffened immediately.

"Can I sleep for sometimes?", I asked in which he refused.

"Didn't I tell you to stay on the palace? Why did you even come with me then. Your should be awake till this function is over. Got it?", He said and I nodded reluctantly.

"I should be awake whole night?"

"Yes, you should."

"Please take me back home then."

"Bipolar", he said which reminded me of saying him bipolar on wedding night. He's repeating my dialogue.

"I can't seriously stay awake the whole night. Because I'll have headache if I did like today."