l. machines

"will she make it?"

"we're not so sure."

"i hope those cops who shot her rot in the pits of hell."

"ma'am, we are trying our best to find out who did it."

"IF YOU DIDN'T SECOND GUESS HER, SHE WOULDN'T BE HERE!"

"i do admit that was my fault-"

"YOU COULD'VE KILLED A CHILD! OUR CHILD!"

"ma'am-"

"mrs. l/n. mr. l/n. a word, please."

"3rd degree burns on both arms and all across her left leg. laceration wounds in both shoulder blades. two bullet wounds found on their upper right thigh. two more bullet wounds through each side of her torso. one bullet through her left forearm. two other bullets through her right bicep. one bullet barely scraped the left of her neck. two more bullets were shot through her left hand-"

"we're blessed that she's stable-"

"i'm not finished. she was also shot once, right through her right cheek. they will need to undergo a lot of surgery. she might need an amputation as well for her left leg and possibly her hands as she exerted herself way too much. we are unsure if she actually needs these procedures or she just needs physical therapy. she also isn't as stable as we originally thought."

"is there a chance she won't need it? also, what do you mean by 'she's not as stable as we thought?'"

"possibly. first we need to get stitch her up and fix perform surgery to remove those bullets out of them. these surgeries-- we're unsure if she'll live through them or if she'll live before or after them. she could die at any given moment."

"how long will she need to heal after these surgeries?"

"maybe a week up to about two months. depends on how well she takes it."

"alright. what about schooling?"

"you're gonna have to talk to the teachers about that."

"we're terribly sorry."

"you should be."

"we should've been there for her-- like we promised."

"you're lucky we don't sue the school or these damned cops."

"we are extremely lucky."

"if she wakes up, i expect you heroes to apologize to her."

"will do. again, we are deeply sorry for the pain we have caused your family."

"NURSE! DOCTOR! HER PULSE IS LOWERING!"

"GRAB THE DEFIBRILLATOR!"

"IT'S ALREADY HOOKED IN!"

"WE CAN'T LOOSE HER!"

"EVERYONE BACK UP!"

"READY? CLEAR!"

"AGAIN!"

"READY? CLEAR!"

"IT'S NOT WORKING!!"

"ONCE MORE!"

"READY? CLEAR!"

"... it's no use."

"we already lost her."

"time of death; 6:38 PM."