𝟬𝟭𝟮. snooping

LOVER -
act one chapter twelve

CHARLES LECLERC HAD ACTUALLY WON THE SEASON OPENER. He'd also redeemed himself in Bahrain from a few years ago. It was euphoric the feeling of winning, it had been the whole reason he'd joined the sport, to feel this thrill. And believe me, he wanted to feel this ever race day.

The joy on his teams face, that had fought hard to even get to this point. On Mattia's face, on Carlos', even the Tifosi in the crowd. He loved it.

He wanted to take a picture of all of them, so he could never forget the day. The day that gave Ferrari hope, that their car was not a midfield car but one that could fight for wins, podiums and fastest laps.

It was when Charles went to take a picture he realized the lock screen on the phone. Was that was not his own. It was a very nice picture - of Iris, August and their grandma all pulling a silly face.

It then seemed to set in, how the hell was he going to cope without his phone? He had meetings scheduled for times he'd forgotten written on his calendar, the drivers group chat, his family group chat. He was so, so screwed.

Charles did in fact see a light in the darkness, Iris didn't have a password on her phone. Although he found it odd, he decided he could pass judgment on it much later in life.

And the one thing Charles could always count on remembering was his phone number.

Through the use of Iris' phone he managed to message himself the password to his phone, hopefully Iris wouldn't ignore it and would reply soon enough.

unknown:

UNKNOWN:hello iris please answer this whenever you read itthis is very much urgent pleaseand thanks the password is1617

UNKNOWN:
hello iris
please answer this whenever you read it
this is very much urgent
please
and thanks
the password is
1617

CHARLES:
wtf
do you know how to message like a normal person and not sound like you're going to
kidnap them?
fyi this situation is definitely your fault

'charles' changed 'unknown' to 'actual charles'

ACTUAL CHARLES:
are you kidding me??
how is this my fault
i was going about my daily stroll

CHARLES:
aka stalking me?

ACTUAL CHARLES:
don't make me laugh xx
are you still at the track
i need my phone back

CHARLES:
me too charlie
but i'm already on a plane

ACTUAL CHARLES:
the race ended two hours ago??