ii. four hundred eighty minutes long

╰┈➤ ❛┊𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴┊❜

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒. That's how long Ms. Jackson said the ride to Bar Harbor, Maine would take.

Four hundred eighty minutes. Twenty-eight thousand and eight hundred seconds next to Annabeth and Percy in a compact car.

Percy sat in the passenger seat, right in front of Benji. Barely two feet away. Annabeth was right next to him, his arm touching hers. He was trying not to freak out at how close he say next to Annabeth. Thalia was seated on the other side of Annabeth.

Nobody talked much, except for the first few minutes, when Ms. Jackson (who insisted he call her Sally) and Percy asked a few questions about him. When Percy asked who Benji's godly parent was, Thalia and Annabeth were surprised when he told them it was Ganymede, considering they'd seen Silena on the hill.

He told them how Aphrodite insisted he stay in her cabin at Camp because his godly parent was the god of homosexual love. Annabeth grumbled about how she thought he was a son of Aphrodite because he just looked like it. Benji wasn't sure if he was supposed to hear that, but he blushed hard and thanked her. He watched as Annabeth's cheeks turned red and looked away.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet, except for Sally telling them every baby Percy story from his childhood.  Benji thought it was cute and laughed at several parts, but Percy seemed embarrassed. It was funny and kind of adorable if Benji was honest.

When they arrived at the boarding school, Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally asked.

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

Benji could see Percy blushing, whether from embarrassment or how much his mother cared about him. He assumed it was the former. Just as he was about to say something along the lines of how his dad did the same for him, Annabeth spoke.

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson." Annabeth smiled reassuringly. Her blonde hair was tucked into a ski cap and her gray eyes were the same color as the churning ocean. "We'll keep him out of trouble."

Ms. Jackson seemed to relax a little. Benji could tell she trusted Annabeth to keep Percy out of trouble. That made sense, except for the part where Annabeth also got in trouble often.