4

Sita

My eyes open on their own.

"Mmm," I stretch.

"Afternoon," I hear.

I look over at him with slumber still stuck in me. It takes a minute for everything to settle in.

"I don't know if you eat oysters, but I just got back with some, fresh. Not sure if you eat cooked food, but I'll cook them for you if you want," his green eyes pierce mine.

He's cooking oysters in a large leaf with rocks on top to sear. It makes me smile, but not for long.

Humans.

"I'll hunt for myself. Eat well," I stretch and stand.

"Please!" He blurts out.

It shocks me.

"Please... sorry. It's me furthering my apology. I bathed and refilled your set up. I set up ways to collect rain as well. I can feel the air pressure-"

"You can feel that too?" I ask.

Regular humans have that?

"Yea. Ima a man of the woods," he nods.

I sigh.

I stare him in his eyes while I change into the form I hunt with: body covered in sea green and blue from head to toe: scales, fins, ankles, webbed feet, and claws; no human face at all.

His eyes widen and his face gets red. I walk up to him like normal and sit in front of him.

"Where are your gills?" He asks with the same facial expression.

I ignore him and grab his raw oysters. I use my strong, sharp nails to pry them open.

"Because you're above water?" He asks, intrigued and wide eyed.

I suck the softness out of the shell.

"Your oysters. They're burning," I slurp back more uncooked ones.

"Shit," he says and tends to them.

He seems...

I keep my eyes away from his and return to my human aspect.

"I feel fear within you," I say honestly.

"No hate... you're a great host. Very beautiful as well," he shocks me.

A laugh subtly in disbelief.

"Beautiful?" I ask.

"Very divine and gorgeous specimen," he smiles.

My smile disappears; his does too.

"Did I say something wrong? He asks.

"Specimen? You asked if I was a nazi experiment. I'm a natural being-"

"Nazis do experiment. Not everyday you see a damn sea monsters," he laughs.

"I'm not a fucking sea monster; you twat," I snap, my face turns into my hunting form and shocks him.

"You cuss? Who taught you that? Who taught you about Nazi's? I mean... I'm a bit overwhelmed over here... you have fins. What do you expect?" He lightly touches them.

I grab empty shells and throw them at him before getting up.

"I don't want toughness between us. This is new for me... I just want to get to know you. You're expanding my reality. Why are you so harsh. I'm trying to be very nice..."

I don't want to explain why I'm so frustrated right now. It's a plethora of things.

"You still stink some... stinky," I throw paste at him for his crevices.