Chapter 10

"A Quirk Assessment Test?" The gathered class said as one, they were currently standing in an open field with Aizawa, and Eri who stood beside him, standing in front of them all.

A soft murmur started to echo across the confused students before Aizawa's eyes flashed a bright red, and his hair stood on end, making most of the students flinch. Once he deactivated his quirk, Aizawa looked towards Yaoyorozu, "Yaoyorozu, What was your old ball toss score in high school?"

The Raveonette tilted her head for a moment, thinking about it since it had been quite a while. Momo looked at Aizawa and replied, "About fifty-seven meters, sir."

Aizawa tossed a ball to the black haired girl as he went to stand by a drawn-out circle on the ground, "I want you to stand in this circle and throw the ball WITH your quirk, do not hold anything back, and you can do anything as long as you remain in the circle."

She gave a nod and moved to stand in the designated spot, she stood there for a bit before lifting her gym shirt up a bit as sparkles appeared around her stomach.

The next thing anyone knew she created a whole cannon from her stomach and watched as she loaded the ball into the cannon, after getting it primed and ready she stood behind and pulled a string letting loose a large explosion that made Kyouka wince from the noise.

"The point of these tests is to give a baseline for your current strengths and weaknesses to work on for your years here at UA," The teacher turned to Momo who was now back to her original spot among the students, "Yaoyorozu, your score was nine hundred and seventy meters."

The tall girl beamed with pride at hearing her score, she got even brighter when she heard Eri mutter, "So cool," under her breath.

"Now, we are going to do the fifty-meter dash first. It will be done in pairs. But first…" Aizawa paused as he looked over the students who were starting to relax a little, "Since it looks like many of you aren't taking this seriously, let's up the challenge a bit," The students shivered as he gave them a smile, as he crossed his arms and stared directly at them, pushing up his scarf a little, "The person who places last in these tests will be expelled."

To say that the silence was deafening was an understatement before a collective 'WHAT?!' rang out, followed by a few protests. Aizawa was able to pick up on Ochako's, 'but that's not fair!' comment and focused on her.

"Surprise villain attacks, unavoidable weather disasters," His eyes squinted at her, causing Ochako to flinch, "Robots that go rogue in a controlled environment are all unfair. Life, in general, is unfair. You are all adults now, time to grow up," And with the finality in his voice, he headed towards the track for the fifty-meter dash. All of the students hurriedly kept up with him with worried looks upon their faces. Still, a few of them had a look of determination, as if aiming to prove to their teacher they had the drive needed.

Izuku gulped when Aizawa's speech was finished but he knew how life wasn't fair in the slightest otherwise he would still have his mother and Eri would never have been abandoned by her own, though he supposed that if none of this happened then he would never have met his daughter or Kyouka at all.

Still that speech was something else entirely as it made him shake in his boots, coupled with the fact that thanks to Nemuri that he knew Aizawa wasn't bluffing.

He just honestly hoped that he could survive the end of the day and hoped that his teacher had the heart to let them stay.

‐/‐

Izuku decided that his teacher was a sadist, at least partially as he knew how the principal could be thanks to his new Moms.

While Izuku was in shape it was still exhausting and judging by the way Kyouka was panting she really wanted to pass-out right there and then, the tests were a nightmare for them as most of the tests required some sort of physical Quirk to get a decent score in.