5

[ gif credits: fanpop ]

what happens next?

i wish they could've found something else to eat instead of those dogs 😭😭

We left Grady, had a burial for Beth and said our goodbyes. She was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever done. Maggie never got to see her before she died, her last blood relative was gone. Noah had mentioned to Rick that his family lived a little while from where they were, it was decided the group would go there. Well, about half of us.

Rick, Michonne, Tyreese, Glenn, and Noah would go back to Noah's neighborhood, see if his family's there, maybe even worth living there. The other half stayed behind, that's where I was. I stayed with Maggie, for the most part, I let her be alone when she needed to be. Same with Daryl, just felt like the two just needed their time to cope.

A day or so later, Rick and the others arrived, Tyreese had died. The light of the group, someone who always looked for the good in others. He was gone, it seemed like whenever you meet someone new, you couldn't let yourself get close to them. After a while, I got to the point where my circle was small, after loosing Beth and Ty in such a short period of time, that's when I started to close off new people.

Eventually, we all got back together. The vans didn't last forever, we eventually lost both, and had to walk of foot. We walked a lot, my feet hurt even thinking back on that.

After a while, we took a break. Daryl went on his own to see if there was anything to eat. There wasn't, but then there were stray dogs, just surviving like we were. But, I think Sasha had enough and shot them.

•••

(Name) sat in horror as they saw the dogs' blood, a collar was on the ground. Carl came up to them and offered them a piece of meat, which belonged to one of the dogs. (Name) shook their head, signing out that they were not hungry.

"Yes, you are.." Carl said, sitting down next to them. "You haven't eaten in days.."

(Name) brought out their notepad.

Why did we have to kill those puppies though?

Carl sighed, looking at (Name) with pity in his eyes. "Ever since the walkers came, food has been cut short, drastically. Sometimes, we have to take measures to get food." Carl explained.

Are we ever going to be like those Ternminus people?

Carl shook his head, (Name) felt somewhat assured. They looked at the meat in Carl's hand and hesitantly took it.