Chapter 4: Birth (2)

"What?!"

"The cord's stuck."

"What is going to happen?"

"Okay listen, this may take a little longer but it's necessary for your baby to come out, you hear me?"

I nodded. I was afraid of what he might do but I trusted him. I closed my eyes and didn't push. I felt him slowly push the baby back into me.

"What are you doing?!"

Pain exploded in me again. I curled my toes and clenched my hands into fists. I waited a little more until I heard the signal to push again. I pushed with all my might and then felt a burst of relief come out of me. My belly deflated a little telling me that the baby was out. I heard small wails coming from my baby.

The man took off his jacket and wrapped the baby. He laid the baby onto my chest allowing me to look at the baby. My baby was slightly purple and small. I couldn't help but to smile down at what life gave to me.

"Welcome to the world Gabriel."

"Gabriel. That's a nice name for a tough baby like him."

I spent time with my baby and the man.

"So listen, about what I needed to tell you. I'm from the National Spy Crew."

I looked at him with a confused look.

"Yes I'm a spy and I catch bad people from good people."

I laughed. So this man wasn't trying to capture me.

"I'm Samantha."

"I'm Henry."