Chapter 1: Best friend only

Becky's POV

Since high school, people have always loved to be friends with me. They liked me because I am cute and because of my lovely personality. There hasn't been a time when I got mad at other people, as my parent taught me to be a good girl. 

I excelled on all my exams because I know how important education is to go to the university you've been dreaming of attending. But, I couldn't care less since I will only go to the same university as my best friend cause I don't think I can survive my university life without my BFF. 

The reason might be obvious for some people why I always follow my BFF around. It's because I like her a lot, not just as a friend, but I want her with the hope that she will be my girlfriend one day. 

I don't know if that day will come, and honestly, knowing that she will be there through every journey I have gone through is enough to make my day content. 

Now that we're both university students, everything is changing to another level; new friends, lovers and the difference in our personalities. Knowing that these changes could help me eliminate my feelings towards Freen, I just go with the flow. Freen and I made new friends, with her finding new girls every single time to flirt. In comparison, I tried to put effort into dating a guy. Unfortunately, there's no spark between us, and the forced relationship didn't work. 

Disappointed is an understatement when you do your best to hide the feelings that will never change. If only it were easy to talk to Freen and confess to her about my feelings, I would've already talked to her. I didn't say anything to her because she made it clear that she could only be my best friend and a sister. That's it. Nothing more. 

I knew about Freen's feelings when she talked to one of her friends about their suspicion of our relationship. During that time, she immediately clarified our friendship and to not talk shit about us like it's a sin for me and her to be in a romantic relationship. 

It's partly my fault. I guess. Since we're friends, to begin with, a tragedy is bound to happen when you fall in love with your best friend. 

Remembering our memories together where we used to hang out together, study together, fool together. We did almost everything together, but Freen always gave boundaries between us because she didn't want one of us to catch feelings over one another. Sadly, it occurred to me whether I liked it or not. I couldn't help that I was in love with her. Even my parents and my brother liked her so much that they always wanted me to invite Freen over for lunch or dinner. 

If someone asked me why everyone liked her? The answer is easy. She's way too kind and very caring, especially to her close friends and families, but she doesn't show that she cares. That's one of the reasons why I like her. 

But too bad she only sees me as her best friend.