Alfreds hugs

The short version for this story is that Americas hugs are one of the best things to ever be bestowed upon this planet. A blessing that instantly relaxes those who are stressed and overworked and a source of relaxation and euphoria. The long story however, I find much to be much more entertaining. A tale much amusing and memories that bring fond smiles and grateful faces. Alfred's hugs were ones to die for, as in his embrace you could go peacefully; something each country you asked would answer with. Overtime, being a friend of America (even if you didn't consider him yours), you were bound to be stuck in his arms. This is the experience of one of those countries, and how he ended up in Americas warm embrace.

  ————

God was Germany tired. It was three hours after the monthly meeting and the man was still at the table, hazardously scribbling down gibberish and unreadable words on sticky notes with a hand tightly clutching his hair and a ridiculous amount of paperwork sitting either side of him. The country had got through majority of the work, but a hefty pile still remained and the thought of having to complete it all mentally drained him. He hands were already hurting and he had been holding his pen so achingly tight for far too long. And lord, the meeting. It had been exhausting. People screaming left, right and center - arguing over silly and stupid ordeals that should have been handled ages ago (and fuck, what was even worse that majority were, these pricks just could not get over their pride). The lights had already became much to bright and his clothes far too tight by half-way through the meeting, it was a god-send when all left and he was finally alone in peace. But then, just as he was readying to leave and escape to his lovely home, (and how the thought of collapsing on his squishy bed called to him) a worker entered, holding a pile of paper that caused him absolute and utter dread. The person explained the situation that had arrised, pity evident in their voice. In short, an accident had occurred, and the paperwork had to be filled and finished, as well as handed in personally by him to someone in a different building, 20 miles away from where he was currently sat, by 8pm.

So he had been stuck in hear for the past 3 hours and a half, and oh shit it was already 7pm and he still had so much more to do, and he just wanted to go home and sleep and he could see his vision go blurry as his eyes stung and oh go he couldn't get any air into his lungs, no matter how hard he gasped and-

"Ludwig, breathe."

There were two firm hands on his shoulders, pressing down enough to ground him but not hurt him. He couldn't tell who was in front of him, only see very blurry pixels of blonde, but nonetheless he listened.

"You're in the meeting room right now, it's 7:06pm. It's dark outside and it's almost a full moon, so the moon is really pretty tonight. It's America and I am right beside you, I have my hands on your shoulders and I am kneeling down to look up at you."

Germany could feel himself breathe again as America rambled on about their surroundings. His voice acted as a comfort, heavy but sweet and grounding him. He blinked a few times, tears still rolling down his face, but head not spinning as much as it was anymore. He could hear Alfred whispering small praises and encouragements as he took another large inhale and exhale, simply sitting there for a few minutes to get a grasp on himself.

"Heya buddy, back to earth yet? Want me to walk you through the senses or are you okay?"

Briefly glancing at the other, Germany shook his head.

"No, I'm uh- I'm alright."

Germany internally winced at the own sound of his voice, it was hoarse and dry. A water bottle was brought into his eyesight. He looked up at Alfred, who only nodded in a 'go ahead' sort of way as his shaky hands reached out to grasp the bottle. The water was cool and soothing, a blessing to his throat as he drank small sips. His mind was still a haze and after that breakdown he was much to exhausted to even start comprehending the things around him.

"That should be better now, yeah? I came back once I realized that I forgot my bag, didn't expect to walk in on you still here but I'm glad I came either way."

Germany glanced to where the other country had been sitting earlier that day and low and behold, the bag was resting on the seat. How had he not noticed that earlier?

"I know it's not really my business, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that little breakdown was because it is-"

He paused to look down at his watch

"-7:11pm and you're still here with, by the way, one of the largest piles of paperwork I have ever seen. I'm guessing one of those leader heathens decided that now was a perfect time to send you that monstrosity"

Ludwig didn't really want to talk right now, although he let out a little chuckle at the 'heathens' part. He would never dare say those things out loud, but gosh was it nice that someone else acknowledged the fact.

"Mhm. They're uh-, due by 8."

America have a small hum of disapproval.

"I never like those assholes. Always demanding and demanding, and god are some of them noisy, and man that's coming from me."

That made Germany smile for sure. He could feel the oxygen coming back easier and easier. Although he couldn't imagine the mess he currently looked like, and internally thanked the other for not mentioning anything.

The silence for the next few seconds (or more, he doesn't quite now) was a welcomed silence between the two, allowing things to calm down a bit. America broke it first.

"Okay, how about this. I take the rest of that pile and fill it in for you. We're gonna pack away your stuff and then I'm gonna drive you to wherever you're currently staying because you are in no shape to be driving right now. That sound good? Also are you okay with being touched right now?"

Germany almost immediately protested to the idea, shooting up with America standing up in suit and arguing.

"Oh no America I can't ask you to do that. It's not your responsibility and besides I'm expected to drop these off, personally, even if I asked you to do so you wouldn't be able to-"

"-But are you okay with being touched right now?"

Germany gave a look at the man, one that said person absolutely did not miss and yet did not waver.

"I- yes? But that's not the point, besides I'm perfectly fine and-"

He shut up when America stepped towards him and enveloped him in a large hug, because oh dear god. He practically melted into it after a second of shock and stillness, clutching the other like he would disappear any second. It felt warm and kind and calming. He could practically feel all his worries and panics that he was experiencing only a few moments ago slip away and evaporate. This was one of the only hugs he had received in a long time and it was heavenly. He leaned into the touch even more, pressing himself into the other as much as he could. With his face pressed into Alfred's jacket the words he spoke were muffled and confusing. Looking down at the other, the American questioned the man. Ludwig huffed as he moved his head to the side and mumbled a very quiet, but all grateful:

"Thank you."

America's smile widened as he hugged the other country ever so slightly tighter.

Americas hugs really were to die for.

I thought I last posted in December...
I was wrong.
(Btw this isn't a ship but if you want it to be then go ahead, I really don't care)
So que on realizing this I wrote a whole chapter in the span of 3 hours, here is my apology. Hope you liked it :)
Word Count: 1404