Sinister Allurement

The wind whipped my hair around in the convertible that Jonathan drove. It was a nice feeling, I was on my way to spring my brother from prison. This was familiar, one might think that Rick wasn't one to get into these predicaments, however, this assumption was very untrue. Rick was one for instigating a ton of bar fights. Nothing major but sometimes he would end up in jail, it wasn't an unknown occurrence. But that had been in his youth, I expected better from him since then. It seems that I should've checked this area of town sooner, but there was so much of Cairo to cover. If I had to conclude as to why he was here, he was sold out by someone. My mind was scattered on who... Then I realized it, Beni. The little weasel, he must be behind this. Before I could get any further within my mind I heard Evy's voice ring out.

"Eris..." She asked me loudly over the wind.

"Hmm?" I hummed out.

"How did you find him here?" She asked curiosity in her tone.

"I'm not entirely sure, I kind of just wound up out here," I said as we turned onto the road leading up to the prison.

"It's like something forced me here, I can't explain it, it took me three years to figure this out. You know Rick has always been a character, but I really thought he had moved past all that." I told her. She nodded, her honey-colored hair wavering a little underneath the hat she was wearing. Jonathan nervously brought the car to a halt and stepped out of the car, walking over to Evy and I's side, and opening our doors. I gave him a small smile thanking him and walked over to the prison's entrance. The warden was immediately on scene upon noticing the three of us lurking.

"Come, come, step over the threshold" He smiled at us revealing his yellowing and missing teeth. I grimaced wondering how he could ever let it get that bad.

"Welcome to Cairo Prison, my humble home" He continued happily leading us towards nowhere in particular.

"I'm here to get my brother out of here, his name is Rick O'Connell, maybe you've heard of him," I told him while Evy and Jonathan bickered in the background.

"Ah yes, violent fellow..." He started leading me towards where I had heard Rick on the other side of the building just a few hours ago.

"What exactly is this man in prison for?" Evy shouted over me.

"For this, I did not know, but, when I heard you were coming, I asked him that myself." The warden told her.

"And what did he say?" I asked him, curious about my brother's activities for the past three years.

"He said, he was just looking for a good time." I rolled my eyes at that comment as the warden gave a hand signal to bring Rick out. Rick and the two guards around him were fighting each other. Rick did not want them touching him. When I finally saw him he looked like a ragged wild animal that had seen better days. He was thrown into the bars in front of me.

"This is—This is the man that you stole it from?" Evy muttered out, her face showing that she was taken aback by his appearance. His hair was unkempt and matted, he looked like he should have been in an insane asylum. I knew that look she was giving him. It's a look every woman gave Rick in his life. He was a fairly attractive male, he had a lot of women who would fawn after him, and this was no different.

"Yes, exactly," Jonathan muttered back to his sister. I took the opportunity to smack Jonathan's shoulder.

"You mean to tell me that you found my brother before I did and you didn't say a word??!!" I yelled at him, fury flowing through my veins. I couldn't help this when I got mad I was just like Rick. I had a temper that couldn't be controlled, it felt like I was on fire. I had been searching high and low for my brother and to think that one of my friends... Family at that had found him, I was speechless.