Part 14

Astrid nervously made her way up to the office building. She focused on breathing as a million different thoughts bounced around her head

You're a terrible person, you'll get yourself killed with this. How could you do something like this to people who went so far as to call you a friend!?

She shook her thoughts away angrily. I'm not hurting them. I'm saving them from what Lucifer would do if he found out I couldn't kill them.

She pushed open the door and went directly to the staff lounge, the others were there, and she exhaled with relief.

Now for the hard part. She cleared her throat to announce her arrival.

"Oh, hey Astrid." Loona waved without looking up from her phone.

"Hehe... hey." Astrid cleared her throat, earning a concerned glance from Millie.

"You alright?" She asked, Astrid nodded and looked at the TV.

"Since when do we actually watch the news?" She asked.

"Since Lucifer himself said that everyone needed to watch the morning report today for a new announcement." Moxxie replied, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"That wraps up the weather, and now today we have an important announcement to make for the denizens of hell-"

The rest of the i.m.p turned their heads to look at the screen and Astrid took that as her opportunity to strike.

With a deep breath she gathered her strength and tossed her hands out in front of her, freezing the team in front of the tv.

The red X burned over her heart and she panted tiredly as she looked at the group. Millie and Moxxie were holding hands, Loonas ears were perked at the TV and Blitzø was sitting in his "cat position" as Millie had called it.

 Millie and Moxxie were holding hands, Loonas ears were perked at the TV and Blitzø was sitting in his "cat position" as Millie had called it

(It's this one btw)

She temporarily diverted her attention to the important news report

"From now on, once a year we will hold a cleansing where angels will come down and kill off souls that don't give a rats ass about surviving. Of course, demons won't have to miss out on the fun as they will be allowed to kill and fight other demons on this day as well." Tom trench was saying.

"Oh and your fathers recent activities gave me an idea!" That's what he wanted to announce. Alastor's recent murderous rampage gave Lucifer the idea to kill off souls who made it in hell... Astrid turned off the tv, went around closing the blinds, and gave one final look at her now former co-workers before closing and locking the office doors.

We might meet again one day. She thought as tears threatened to race down her cheeks.

No, no crying. Demons don't cry.