day four

thursday

yamaguchi stared at his friend beside him, hands propped under his chin in deep concentration.

the blonde, sat on tadashi's right, was engrossed on his phone with his headphones atop his head, his fingers tapping occasionally on the the screen as if he were texting someone.

they had a free period since their teacher was sick and the class representative said to do whatever they wanted as long as they were quiet.

ever since then, tsukishima's phone has been buzzing non-stop.

literally.

yamaguchi had a sneaking suspicion that tsukishima actually enjoyed talking to whoever it was on the phone because of the smile that would sometimes appear on his face before he could even try to hide it.

it was weird. his best friend trying so hard to wipe the smile off his face before anyone saw or coughing to mask his laughter.

this was a side to tsukishima yamaguchi had never seen before and he wasn't sure what to do or feel about it.

yesterday after his senpais came in with the shocking news of kei having a crush, the thought was running rampant in his head.

what if tsukishima did have a crush?

it would've certainly been hilarious seeing as how tadashi knew kei all his life and not once has he ever caught feelings for anyone much less date any one.

tsukishima was just that kind of guy. he hardly had any interests and did what he felt like in the moment after careful consideration.

so for him to catch feelings for someone was absolutely absurd.

"tsukishima! someone is at the door to see you!"

or maybe not?

yamaguchi watched tsukishima scoff lightly under his breath before getting up and going over to the door to greet whoever it was.

maybe it was tsukishima's crush like nishinoya had said. kei didn't get up for anyone, nor did he have people asking for him at the classroom door.

so tadashi strained his neck forward to get a peek at the person just before the door closed and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

true enough, there was a girl standing at the door with a wide smile on her face as kei stepped outside the classroom.

she was pretty─really pretty─and tadashi was sure he was blessed with the sight of an angel.

her skin was pale and smooth, not a blemish that tadashi could see from here but it didn't even matter. her eyes looked like a light brown with small flecks of gold surrounding her iris and pretty blonde lashes that matched her neat, blonde eyebrows. blonde was a nice word seeing as though hers was way lighter than naturally possible.

the girl's hair was in big, curly waves that fell down her back and ended just a ways below her uniform, the middle of her thighs. the roots of her hair were lighter than tsukishima's and then getting closer to the ends, the blonde faded out into a light shade of baby pink.

a flower clip or two was used to pin her hair back from her face which allowed yamaguchi to see her laugh heartily at something tsukishima said like it was the funniest thing ever before waving him off and leaving the doorway, possibly to go back to her class.

it looked as if tsukishima was ready to get back inside and as soon as she stepped over the threshold into the classroom, tadashi made himself look busy studying as if he wasn't secretly spying on tsukishima's exchange with his 'crush'.

crush felt weird being placed in the same sentence as tsukishima kei.

so was spying.

yamaguchi shouldn't have had to spy on his best friend conversing with someone he liked just because he heard it from someone else and not kei.

as best friends, tsukishima would've told yamaguchi if he liked someone. right?