twenty. afternoon delight

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭

𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

╚═══════════════╝

H E R

It was nice. Getting to stay all under one roof with my people. All going to sleep and no one having to stay up for watch.

Looking through the house was nice, too. Finding board games and cards. Having soap delivered in a basket of toiletries and getting to just simply wash my hands whenever I felt like it. Not to mention drinking a glass of water whenever I felt like it. Carol experimented with the boxes of noodles and canned vegetables and jarred sauces that seemed to be in abundance, making us fettuccine alfredo and steamed broccoli. There was even enough for seconds.

It was nice.

Early in the morning on the third day, still getting settled in, I found Rick and Carl sitting over the coffee table looking very deep in concentration.

"Hi." I greeted, coming into the living room. "What are you guys doing?"

"Dad's teaching me to play chess."

"Oh, cool. I know how to play chess." I said, remembering my own father teaching me a long time ago.

Carl sat up. "You can be on my team, then."

"There's no teams in chess." Rick argued but I plopped on the couch next to Carl anyways. "This is anarchy."

"I think the two of them against you is pretty fair." Michonne offered from where she sat in the armchair, Judith asleep in her lap, as she read from A Tale of Two Cities.

So it was settled, and I offered assistance to Carl with my ultimate chess knowledge; which I soon realized was close to nonexistent by the time Rick had taken half our pieces off the board.