Chapter 60

Mason POV

I was sitting in the backseat of the police car, holding Emma in my arms.

She was the only reason why I wasn’t in that station beating the shit out of the fucker.

“It’s okay, Emmy.” I mumbled for the hundredth time today. “It’s okay. He can’t hurt you. I am here.”

She was holding on to me so tightly that I was sure her arms were hurting. She didn’t let go of me from the moment she left that room. I was so fucking glad, because there was no way that I would let her go. I needed to be sure that she was safe. I needed to be sure she was in my arms. I needed to hold her so that I wouldn’t end up in jail.

I almost broke down the one-way mirror when he looked at it and smiled. Bringing Chris here was a good decision. He stopped me from destroying the place more than once.

The crazy look in his eyes will haunt me forever. I will never be able to forget the words he said. I would never be able to forget the way he looked at my sister.

Emma wasn’t crying, but she was shaking from top to bottom, and she hasn’t stopped ever since she came out of that fucking room. I was holding her as tightly as I could, hoping that the shaking would stop, but it didn’t.

“I am right here.” I said, kissing the top of her head.

I glanced at Chris, who was sitting next to us. His fists were clenched tightly, and he had a pissed-off look on his face. I didn’t know how he kept it together back then while we were at the station, because I could tell that he wanted to kill the fucker as much as I did.

He looked at me and tightened his jaw. He took a deep breath and looked down at Emma. His eyes softened and he gulped.
He unclenched his fist and placed a hand on Emma’s back, making her flinch.

I glared at him angrily.

“It’s okay, Emma.” he said softly. “It’s Chris. You are safe, okay? He can’t hurt you. Mason and I won’t let him hurt you.”

She didn’t respond, but her shaking got worse.

I moved his hand away from her back and narrowed my eyes at him.

“I am sorry.” he mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair. “I just want her to know that I am here.”

I leaned my head on Emma’s and rubbed her back soothingly. She relaxed a little, but her body didn’t stop shaking.

I didn’t know what I was feeling. I was angry, I was scared, I was in pain. I felt this wave of protectiveness wash over me. All I wanted to do was make sure that Emma was safe. I never wanted to let her go, and I was so fucking ready to beat the shit out of everyone who got too close to her.

“I love you.” I told her, raising my head and placing a kiss on her temple.

She didn’t respond. She hadn’t said a word since she left that fucking room. Why wasn’t she talking?

“Emma…” I started speaking, but I was interrupted when the car door opened.

Peters and Perry sat in the front and turned around to look at us. Their eyes landed on Emma.

“Are you okay, Emma?” Perry asked her softly.

“What the fuck do you think?” I asked angrily, placing a hand on her head and holding her close to me.

“I am so sorry that you had to hear that.” Peters sighed.

“He is a disturbed son of a bitch.” Chris mumbled, clenching his fists angrily.

“It’s over, Emma.” Perry said. “You were amazing. You did such a good job. It’s over now. You will never have to see him again.”

My hand around her waist tightened and I held her even closer to me.

“Where is the fucker?” I asked angrily. “Did he tell you who it was?”

“Unfortunately, no.” Peters said, making my blood boil. “We had to call a doctor and he had to give him something to help him calm down. He got really upset after we left.”

“But he did give us important information.” Perry added before I could start screaming.

I wanted to rip their heads off. They put her through that, and they still didn’t know who the fuck it was.

“What important information?” I asked, gritting my teeth.

They were lucky that I was holding Emma and that I had no intention of letting her go anytime soon. If not, I would already be beating the shit out of them.

“He said that it was a jealous woman.” Peters said. “He said that he wouldn’t share her with anybody. Now we know that there isn’t another person who wants to kidnap Emma.”

“What if he lied?” Chris asked coldly.

“I don’t think he did.” Perry sighed. “We watched him together. You saw the way he was looking at her. You heard what he said. Do you really think that he would be okay with another man taking Emma?”

He definitely wouldn’t.

Emma’s hands around me tightened even more, and she pressed herself even closer to me.

“Hey, it’s okay.” I told her, kissing the top of her head. “I am here, Emmy. I am here.”

I looked up at Perry and Peters. Both of them were looking at her with a saddened look on their faces.

“Do you know a girl who is jealous enough to do something like that to Emma?” Perry asked, looking at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to think of a bitch crazy enough to help that fucker. No one came to mind, though. But, to be honest, I wasn’t able to think straight. The anger and the pain I felt were suffocating me. The only thing I wanted was to be left alone with Emma so that I could take care of her properly. She needed me right now, but I couldn’t do shit with all of these people around us. I needed to talk to her alone.

“Well, a lot of girls were jealous of her.” Chris said. “When she came to the school, there was a rumor that she was Mason’s ex-girlfriend. Girls love Mason and they weren’t really happy to hear something like that.”

“Was there ever an incident with one of the jealous girls?” Perry asked.

“Not that I remember.” Chris sighed, looking at Emma. “But maybe there was, and she never told us.”

If any one of those fucking bitches ever touched her, I would go batshit crazy on them.

I wanted to ask her if anything ever happened, but I knew she wouldn’t respond.

I needed to be left alone with her. I needed her to talk to me. Her silence had me so fucking worried.

“Our mother is a bitch.” I mumbled, glancing down at Emma. “You should look into her.”

Peters and Perry shared a quick glance.

“Okay.” Peters mumbled, looking away from Perry and writing something down in his little notepad.

“We need to check the dates.” Perry said quietly to Peters. “When we called their mother and told her that Emma was at the hospital, she told us that she came back from Europe the day before.”

Peters nodded as he continued writing stuff down in his little notepad.

So that’s how the bitch came to the hospital so soon. She wasn’t in Europe. She was here.

If she helped that sick fucker, I would kill her. She messed with the wrong fucking brother. I won’t tolerate anyone hurting my twin.

“We will take you back to the school.” Perry said, turning around and starting the car.

“I know that Emma is scared and tired right now, but please ask her about any incidents with jealous girls as soon as you can.” Peters said as he looked at Emma with a worried expression on his face. “Call us if she remembers anything.”

“Okay.” I mumbled, looking down at my sister.

“We will look into your mother.” Perry said, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I nodded and kissed the top of Emma’s head.

“I love you, Emmy.” I said quietly. “I am here. I won’t let go, okay? You are safe.”

My heart clenched painfully, and I just wanted to rip that fucker in half.

He will never see her again. He will never touch her again. I will do whatever I have to do to keep her safe from him.