Chapter 1.

Disclaimer: This is a pirate book which means lots of violence, killings and blood. If this triggers or makes you uncomfortable in any way, I suggest you don't read it.

*

I landed with a thud on the ship and my lips twisted into a smirk. "Well, well, well. Would yer look who it is?" I said in a sing-song manner as I walked towards the man. Immediately I took a step forward, the rest of the crew pointed their swords to my neck in defense.

The tall, muscular man took steps to shorten the gap between the two of us and eyed me up and down. He was quiet for a couple of seconds before he suddenly said. "Who let this princess on our ship." The statement he made caused the men around him to burst into laughter.

"Ah, ah, ah. Now did yer really think calling me princess was an insult?" I questioned him and the smile he had on his face was slowly starting to fade.

"From the way yer dressed, I guess we can say we have two princesses on board, aye?" The burly man grit his teeth together and unsheathed his sword, holding a hand up and ordering his men to back down.

"What did yer call me?" He said in a low menacing voice.

"I guess yer have some hearing issues too. Princess." He swung his sword at my neck but I crouched to the floor, dodging his attack. This was so much fun. I couldn't keep the smile off my face and I began chuckling.  He lunged at me again with his sword but I unsheathed my own and blocked it.

"Don't tell me yer upset because I called yer princess? We even have matching skirts." I did a little dance, holding my skirt and he grunted, swinging the sword at my feet.

I jumped up and hit my knee against his nose hearing the cracking sound it made. "Ooh, that one's gonna leave a mark." I laughed and the crew held their swords toward me again, threatening to attack this time.

"Finlay." I called out.

"Aye, Captain." My most trusted man replied as he clearly got the message and my own crew boarded the ship. They wasted no time in attacking our enemy and their captain seemed to be regaining his composure from his bleeding nose.

"I'm gonna kill yer." He swung his sword more violently now but I shifted to the side, grabbed his hand holding the weapon, and twisted it, dislocating his bone. He shrieked in pain but I wasn't finished. I crouched down and swiped my leg through his legs, tripping him on the floor.

I brought my sword down just above his right eye and got on one knee. I quickly side-eyed the battle that was going on around us but my men had already rounded up the guys, no surprise there.

"Enough of the jokes." I dropped the smirk that I had on my face and my expression turned cold. "You killed my man."

"What are yer talking about? We buccaneers kill each other every day."

"Ronan. He had a priceless treasure and you stole it from him. He was going to feed his sick daughter with that but you took his life." I said bitterly, remembering the cheerful man that was now no more.

"Now, you will pay." I looked back at my men and signaled with a nudge of my chin to Edward and Bastian and they held the big man up.

"Don't kill me! I'll give you anything you want! Treasure? I have lots of them. You can even take some of my men with you." He begged with fear in his eyes.

I looked back at my enemy's crew and shook my head, pointing towards muscles with my sword. "This is yer captain? He's offering to give you up as a peace offering to me."

I turned back to him and placed the smirk back on my face. "Oh and I'm not a princess, I'm a Captain. Captain Lana." I lifted my sword and swung it across his chest down to his stomach.