Chapter Nine | Minnie told Mickey she wanted a divorce.

Vote | Comment | Follow

Hope you're enjoying the book so far x

Follow my instagram for updates!

I thank the driver briefly; I settle to the concrete as he opens my door and pulls me out. A tall restaurant with a long line was in front of us. People start recording us as soon as Nicholas steps out, and their phones fly out of their pockets. As we enter the restaurant, Nicholas puts his hands on my back.

"Do we not have to wait in the queue?" I whispered; Nicholas shook his head.

I actually noticed that I have never seen this man smile, laugh or even chuckle. Was his life that boring? That serious? I'm glad I was only here for temporary. The moment we stepped foot, the manager rushes towards us.

He held a menu card for two people, "Mr Hernandez, Mrs Hernandez. We didn't know you were coming." The man awkwardly laughed, I looked at him with a small smile. He wore a white dress shirt and a waist apron which looked more expensive than the food.

I took this initiative to look around.

White tables, white marble floors, and golden chairs. Diamond-studded chandeliers. A champagne wall covered in the most upscale for the wealthy guests. I examine my outfit as I glance down at the dark lighting in the restaurant, which provided seclusion. I wasn't made for this way of life.

"It was a last-minute decision," Nicholas said bored as he stared at his phone, the waiter nods his head and asks us to follow him. We begin walking down the tables, woman look up giving me weird looks. I held onto my bag tightly.

"Her husband is a billionaire, and she is wearing a forty-dollar dress?" It's thirty dollars! It's a fucking bargain.

"Don't talk about her like that, she might get her husband to sue yours." They snickered.

I know jokes and let me tell you, that was not even an ounce bit funny.

The waiter shows us to the table by the ocean, I gasp at how beautiful the view in front of me was. The ocean breeze whispers like a lover, placing salty kisses on my cheek and tousling my long auburn hair. On days like this it playfully fillies the sails of the harbour boats, flutters their flags and pushes along the clouds.

The sea is infinite blue in infinite weather patterns, yet in all this she is the prettiest colour I ever saw. The waiter pulled my seat before Nicholas interrupted him by asking him to leave, I thanked him, and he looked at me surprised. As I sat down, I pulled my dress.

"So, what are your conditions?" Nicholas asked, settling his phone near his plate as he leaned against the chair. It was as if I was lost for words.

"My conditions right, no sex, no kissing in front of everyone-" He interrupts me.

"But we have to make it believable, how is a husband not going to kiss his wife?" He returned, was I really going to kiss him? I mean his lips looked really nice, and smooth. I wouldn't mind kissing him but I dont want to seem too easy. Kissing a stranger. Kissing a man, I despised.

"Only when needed then but sex or any sexual activity is not allowed." Nicholas nods his head and I look around the restaurant. "That includes any sexual activity with anyone else."

"So, you expect me to be a virgin for five months?" He expressed.

"If I can do it, I'm sure you can keep your dick in your pants."

The waiter comes and settles the wine glasses onto the table. "The owner has sent you the finest bottle Mr Hernandez," Nicholas nods his head as the waiter pops the bottle and settles it onto the table, he grabs a towel and slowly begins pouring into the glasses.