011.

T W O    D A Y S    L A T E R

T W O    D A Y S    L A T E R . . .

When Jordan said he was on the hunt to find a mother figure for Kota and Kai, Zayley didn't take it as a literal statement.

But here she was, taking on the motherly role as she spent her Friday afternoon sprawled out in the middle of her bed with the three cats surrounding her.

Jordan and the team were gone for an away game and asked Zayley if she could babysit since his cats adored her when they first got acquainted.  Of course she couldn't say no since she loved them just as much.

"Never in a million years did I imagine being this type of cat person." She spoke to no one in particular as she stared down at her fur babies on her lap and upper chest.

"I think this is a sign to make more friends."

The cats glared at her while tilting their heads in the process.

"I should make more friends shouldn't I? Stop being so antisocial and get out more, huh?" She raised an eyebrow as she stroked the animal's fur.

As if they could understand, Milo, Kota, and Kai gave her a blank stare.

"You're so right. That requires talking to people, and I don't like that." She shook her head at the thought. "Why get more friends when I have you guys?"

The cats purred at the response as they snuggled closer to Zayley.

"Glad we had that chat." She smiled as she continued watching reruns of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Episode after episode, her eyes got heavier and heavier until she finally decided not to fight off sleep anymore. Just as she was about to fall into a deep slumber, a knock on her front door made her body jerk up.

Groaning, she walked out of her bedroom and looked through the peek hole of the door.

"What the hell?" She frowned, opening the door. A delivery man stood outside, holding a massive bouquet of flowers.

"Delivery for Zayley Palmer?"

"That's me." She smiled lazily as the man handed her a pen and paper.

"Sign here for me please."

Once she did, they exchanged the items before briefly saying goodbyes.

"My god, this is heavy. Who on earth sent me these?" She closed the door with her foot and sat them on her kitchen counter.

After a minute of searching thru the arrangement, Zayley found a card attached to them.

Dear Z,

I want to apologize for being distant these past couple of days. I know this isn't much, but I hope these flowers put a smile on your face. Love you, and call me whenever you get this.