Ep.0: I got into a very big problem.

Adam Smasher

Or the man called the living legend of the night city.

He is the first and only person who has succeeded in replacing 96% of the body with cyberware.

The man who killed Johnny Silverhand, David and Rebecca in Edgerunner, and was killed countless times by V in 2077.

Adam Smesher is the man who has now become a public enemy by killing Rebecca, who has many fans due to the success of Edgerunner.

Then you will ask me 'So what's the point?'

In short, I became Adam Smasher.

While playing the game, a bug occurred and the game was forcibly terminated. At the same time, a strong light was emitted from the monitor, and I lost my mind.

And I was the Adam Smasher of 2023. After killing Johnny Silverhand.

*

Rogue Amendiares.

A woman known as the best in the world of mercenaries, she and Johnny Silverhand blow up the Arasaka Tower with a nuclear bomb.

She is a woman who will later become the owner of Afterlife, a bar where outstanding and famous fixers and soloists gather, and will be called the 'Queen of Afterlife'.

-BAMP!

"What the-"

"The body of Johnny Silverhand."

"!!"

Adam Smasher appeared in front of her.

A few months after that day, he showed up with a bag of Johnny's body and put the bag in front of her.

Rogue, initially thinking that he had come to kill her, was pointing a pistol at the center of his forehead, but she was taken aback by Adam's unexpected behavior.

"What are you doing now? Have you been shot in the head?"

"Minimum courtesy. As a legend..."

"I thought you would have such thoughts... As a psycho bastard like you..."

"I'll tell you one thing. As a mercenary, as a soldier, I killed Johnny. You are a terrorist who tried to blow up the Arasaka Tower with nuclear weapons, and I was a mercenary hired by Arasaka to stop you."

"..."

She was so outrageous about Adam Smasher's behavior.

Still, she couldn't respond. It is true that she is a terrorist who tried to destroy the Arasaka Tower, and Adam did his job as a mercenary. No one could be blame him for this.

"And there's one thing Johnny promised me before he died."

"...What?"

"I'll connect you with Mitsuko Arasaka, one of Arasaka's executives and the only daughter of Kei Arasaka."

"What do you mean-"

"This is the promise Johnny made to me. I promise to guarantee your safety. Take Arasaka's work from her and find safety. Whether to destroy Arasaka or not, after that, it's up to you."

"Then excuse me. If we meet later, let's hope that we meet at the bar, not the battlefield."

With those words, Adam Smasher disappeared. 

Rogue looked at the bag containing Johnny's body without saying a word.

His iconic silver cyborg arm was broken, but he looked as if he would get up and find a drink at any time.

"Fuck... that bastard looks like he's going to get up and find a drink right now."

So Rogue took Johnny's body and buried it where no one could find it.

=====

It was on the battlefield of the Fourth Corporate War that I became exactly Adam Smasher.

To be precise, it can be said that my spirit resides in the original body that was knocked out by EMP.

Fortunately, I was also a former PMC. Although, I retired from the mercenary world and run a small fried chicken restaurant...

So this battlefield was quite familiar to me. Of course, it's the first time I've seen a nuclear explosion, but...

In any case, I encountered Johnny Silverhand at the top of the Arasaka Tower.

-BOOM!!!!

"Mother-"

"Long time no see, Silverhand."

"Damn Adam Smasher!!"

-Bang Bang!

Johnny pulled the trigger of his gun, the Malorian Arms 3516, at me. But the bullet didn't work to me because my body was bulletproof.

I hurriedly headed to the roof. And I saw Johnny trying to escape, and opened fire at the helicopter.

"I told you, Johnny Boy. I'm going to kill you..."

"..."

"Farewell..."

-Bang!

At the end of those words, the gun was fired.

And just as in the original story, Johnny was taken away and his soul was pulled out by the Soul Killer, and he became a Relic.

The body was taken separately and handed over to Rogue. Because I wanted to liquidate the karma even a little.

*

Anyway, I secretly investigated my body while working as a hired mercenary in Arasaka.

In the game file, Adam is a psychopath, so he didn't become a murder weapon... but somehow cyberpsychosis didn't happen to me.

There must be something in my brain.

And I set out in search of an excellent Ripperdoc who would allow me to reshape my body quietly so that Arasaka would not notice.

From what I've seen in the game, they lowered the function in case I betrayed Arasaka.

At the same time, I was honing my netrunner skills. So I started to study in various fields while taking on several requests.

So many years have passed.