That Time You Kidnapped An Egg

It was an unusually calm day at the hotel. Nifty was napping after a long cleaning session, husk and angel dust decided to drink and play poker (more like husk got forced to spend his time with angel), Charlie and Vaggie were cuddling on a sofa and Alastor was in his office doing God knows what. But you were bored.
You had already read your favorite book and no one wanted to spend time with you. So you decided to go outside on a secret adventure! Everyone was busy anyway so they wouldn't notice that you were gone. And with that, you put on your jacket and went out.

At first, you stayed close to the hotel but after a while, you decided that it would be more mysterious and exciting further away from the hotel. You knew that you weren't supposed to leave the hotel grounds without company but you didn't give a shit! You were fully capable of taking care of yourself. But then you heard some rustling in a nearby bush and taking caution to the wind you quickly approached it to see what it was.
It was the biggest egg you had ever seen. For some reason that was the odd part to you and not the fact that it had arms, legs, and clothes on. It was stuck upside down in the branches, flailing its arms, and muffled speech could be heard. Being the nice sinner that you were you lifted it and put it down gently on the ground. It had a weird face that looked like someone had cracked it two times and stuck two yellow things in one of them to resemble eyes, but you got distracted by the adorable little hat it had on its head(?).

"thanks a lot, child, I have been stuck there for a long time," it said, "have you seen boss anywhere I'm sure that he is looking-"

But before it could say anything else you picked it up and started to walk back to the hotel.

"nope! I haven't seen him" you said dismissively "but how about you spend some time with me instead"

"I would love to but-"

"good! :D"

You walked back to the hotel while the weird egg was flailing in your arms but you simply ignored it and took it inside with you. Inside the hotel, no one batted an eye at you except for husk who just looked at you in confusion. You ignored him and took the egg to your room, the egg stayed still in defeat wondering what its life had come to.

First, you played some make-belief with it pretending that it was a rare treasure from a faraway land, and after that, you decided that its shell looked too boring so you took out some markers and started to give it amazing tattoos. You drew some flowers, yourself, some people on fire and other things. When you were done you wanted to show your masterpiece to Alastor.

Meanwhile, in Alastor's office, he was listening to a true crime podcast about himself and secretly reading a book titled 'parenting for dummies' for no reason in particular. But then he got interrupted by loud knocking and he quickly shoved the book into his drawer silently cursing himself for not bookmarking the page he was on.

"come in!" Alastor said.

You walked inside with the egg behind your back, alastor tilted his head and raised his eyebrow slightly. His grin widened a little.

"what do you have behind your back child?" he asked.

"my new friend! I found him outside In a bush"

"I hope someone went with you" he started to drum his fingers slowly on his desk and a low static emitted from him. You could tell that you upset him a little but hopefully, that would change once you showed him your hostage- I mean friend.

"no. But I didn't go far!" Alastor's static disappeared when you said that and then he gestured for you to come closer.

"good! Now, show me what you found little one"

You stepped forward and put down the egg in front of you. It looked very tired but when its eyes landed on Alastor its eyes widened and it started to tremble a little. Alastor looked at it and chuckled when he saw the egg's expression and then he rose from his seat and picked it up by its collar. The egg started to kick at him but its attempts were useless.

"did you draw this?" Alastor poked at one of the drawings and dragged his nail down on it, the egg yelped in discomfort and tensed up hoping that Alastor wouldn't crack its skull open.

"yeah! Do you like them? It was kind of difficult to draw on it because he wouldn't stop moving but I hope it looks good anyway" you took the egg from him and started to spin it around to properly show all the drawings. Meanwhile, the egg looked like it wanted to vomit.

"they look marvelous my dear!" an applause track played "and it will be perfect for dinner =)" his eyes turned into radio dials and he stalked forward to take it from you.

"no, please! I taste horrible I swear!" the egg started to cry "I want to go back to boss!" you backed away and held it closer to you.

"but we can't eat him! The time I put into my art would be wasted" you stomped your feet and pouted completely unfazed by Alastor's expression. He stayed still for a moment then his eyes turned to normal and he started to laugh hysterically. You deadpanned and loosened your grip on the egg.

"you are mean"

"I know dear"

While you were distracted the egg saw its chance to flee so it struggled in your grip until it got loose and then it started to sprint away.

"Hey! Get back here" you were about to go after it but you got stopped by a hand on your shoulder.

"let it leave darling. Charlie would disapprove of your pet and besides" his eyes turned into radio dials again and his grin somehow got even wider "we will probably see it again"

▫️▫️▫️▫️

The little egg ran through the city, passing many sinners on the way. Some laughed at it but most of them only looked at it and wondered what the fuck was on its face. But eventually, it arrived at a familiar airship and then stood face-to-face with its beloved boss.

"...what the fuck happened to you?!"

▫️▫️▫️▫️

Please read

Notes: I hope that you liked this😅 I have been thinking about writing this for a while and now I finally have. This will not be like my other book where I take requests because I became a little bit overwhelmed with them, so I have decided to take a break and hopefully write more in this book. Anyway thank you for reading and take care of yourself.