Grounded

"Alastor, we need to talk"

Alastor looked up from cutting the meat for his stew.

"About what Charlie?" he asked. He continued to cut the meat and he started to hum. Charlie sighed, she had avoided to have this conversation with him for a while but Vaggie said that they couldn't wait any longer.

"it's about y/n"

Alastor stopped humming and cutting, he wasn't looking at Charlie and he started to scrape the knife on the cutting board. Charlie Instinctively took a step back before continuing.

"don't worry! It's not that bad" alastor continued to cut "but we need to talk about their misbehaving and maybe your parenting methods??" alastor stopped cutting again.

Charlie was nervous but she knew that this was necessary. She cleared her throat and straightened her back. Alastor turned around and chuckled, Charlie had no idea how he could look so chipper and offended at the same time and she couldn't help but notice how bloody his hands were. He scoffed at her, his permanent smile never wavered.

"what for? My parenting methods are perfect the way they are"

"i know that you feel that way but, we all have been talking" charlie tucked her hair behind her ear before continuing "we all feel that you haven't been disciplining them for their behavior"

Alastor tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.

"for what?"

Charlie took a deep breath. Like the fuck is he talking about?! Just the other day charlie found out at the worst possible moment ever that their dear Y/n thought it would be funny to hide the first aid kit in a chimney!

And another time they emptied husks alcohol bottles and replaced the alcohol with vinegar and ketchup.

Last week y/n drew on fat nuggets with permanent markers and they set one of the guest rooms on fire!

Charlie could continue all day but she couldn't find the strength to think about it more. So she simply begged alastor to do something about and she left the kitchen to go read, she did not know that y/n had superglued her favorite book on a table.

-----

Later that day alastor reluctantly had a talk with y/n about the residents complaints and he informed them that he would start disciplining them from now on. Everyone was happy except for alastor and y/n and things were going steady, the young demon had not pulled any pranks and the atmosphere in the building improved.

....

Until one day when they were all having dinner and y/n was getting bored. So they started to play with their food and alastor was about to lecture them when the food slipped out of y/n's spoon and it landed on alastor coat.

Dead silence.

Everyone looked shocked and before y/n could say anything alastor smacked them on the head which caused them to face plant onto their plate. Y/n looked up from their plate with food on their face and they glared at Alastor.

And after that a month long competition of pettiness started. During the days Alastor And Y/n would attempt to sneak up on each other. Trying to smack the others head. Eventually it got so intense that Charlie had no choice but to put them both on house arrest.

-------

Thank you for reading.

I know that this one is short and I've not edited it yet for spelling mistakes but I didn't want to keep people waiting.

Chapter headcannon

- surprisingly, Y/n had more points than Alastor during their little rivalry.
- during the house arrest they made up and promised not to hit each other unless they had a good reason.
- now, to everyone's misery. Alastor and Y/n teams up when it comes to pranks to get back at Charlie for putting them on house arrest.