five | foiled again

-FIVE-

The boys approached them, and Wednesday couldn't help but notice how her friend's guard went up. Her clear blue eyes turned dark, and her posture stiffened. 

"What's a Nevermore freak doing out in the wild?" Asked a boy mockingly. 

"This is our booth." Said another. 

"Why are you dressed like religious fanatics?" Wednesday asked, knowing that Juniper didn't trust herself to speak at that moment.

"We're pilgrims." Said one boy, mighty offended.

"Potato, po-tah-to." Wednesday replied, folding her hands in her lap and shooting Juniper a calming look.

"We work at Pilgrim World." Said a boy who Juniper recognised as the mayor's son. He pushed a flyer towards them, showing the advertisement for the place.

"It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park to zealots responsible for mass genocide." Wednesday said, pulling the flyer towards herself.

"My dad owns Pilgrim World. Who you calling stupid?" The boy sounded so offended, that Juniper laughed aloud. He turned to her, "What're you laughing at, freak?"

She laughed, "You--you think we give a damn, that your father owns Pilgrim World?!" Laughing to the point of pained wheezing, she added, "I could make your father dance around the town dressed like a chicken if I wanted to, and you think we'd give a rat's arse about the fact that your father owns a bloody rip-off theme park-?!" Wednesday was a little befuddled at how funny Juniper found the situation, and was looking at her in complete concern.

"Guys, back off." Tyler came up to them, and glanced at the dryad in concern.

"Stay out of this, Galpin." Said the mayor's son.

Juniper and Wednesday both had enough, and stood up, "Yes, stay out of this." Came an affirmation in unison.

"So tell me, freak... you ever been with a normie?" Asked the boy.

"I've never found one that could handle me."

Looking at Juniper, he said, "I remember you. You're that Groot girl."

"Yes, and the last time you called me that I was nearly axed. We all know how that ended," Juniper flexed her fingers, allowing her fingers to morph into sharp twig-like projections resembling claws. "Don't we?"

"Boo!" Wednesday gasped, making the boys flinch back.

Like lightning, she flipped one boy over her shoulder, and nearly broke another's wrist. Juniper slashed at one's chest with her claws, and punched the mayor's son in the face, making him slam i to the bleeding bully. Both of them fell to the ground, knocked clean out. Cradling the wrist Wednesday just cracked, the last boy caught her in the eye with a solid right hook, but she reciprocated with a knockout uppercut to his chin, making him reel back and trip to the ground.

Tyler stood there, dumbfounded, looking at the groaning boys in shock. "So where'd you learn those kung fu/boxing moves?" He asked the two of them.

"My uncle taught me. He spent five years in a Tibetan Monastery." Wednesday replied coldly.

"Was he a monk?" Tyler asked.

"Prisoner." Came her monosyllabic reply.

"And you?" He nodded at Juniper.

"My oldest brother, Lewis, is a boxing coach." She informed. "I used to get picked on as a kid, so he's been teaching me since I was seven."

"Cool. Just a normal girl's day out, I guess." He awkwardly chuckled.