Chapter 6

Eliza's POV-

It's been a month since I've started working here. During this month we settled in a default schedule.

When Vincent goes to his office I get the kids their breakfast then get Lily ready for her kindergarten. Spend the next four hours with James simultaneously doing a little study. Lily comes home by 1pm after it's her lunch then both the kids have to take an afternoon nap. After waking up at 4pm it's snack and playtime till 6. Then I help Lily do her homework and recently we have started learning Mandarin together. Well I know Mandarin but I act like I don't. At 7:30 pm it's TV time. Her father comes home at 8pm. We all have dinner together and then I retreat in my room. From then I study for about two hours. Then sleep and repeat this process the next day.

Every Sunday I leave the house for the whole day as the kids would want family time with their father and I need to get out of the house. On Sundays I usually meet with friends and did any work that was pending.

Today is a Thursday and right now I was playing Scrabble with Lily. She is a really intelligent kid compared to her I was really dumb when I was 5 and my brother was even dumber.

"I got a Triple Letter Score!" Lily shouted and started dancing around living room coffee table. James was in his play chair he also started clapping. He was the cutest baby I have ever seen. Even though he is trouble maker.

The noise of the front door opening and closing had all our attention in that direction.

"Appa is home!" Lily jumped up and down. No matter what day it is or what time it is she is always excited to see her father.

As Vincent entered the living room Lily ran to hug him. Something about him seemed a bit off today. His face was really stressed.

"Yu Eun leave me." Was the first sentence he said to her. I got up from the rug. Something was wrong with him today.

"But Appa-" Lily tried saying something but Vincent raised his voice at her and scolded her.

"Yu Eun I said leave me, can't you just understand the first time!"

Lily started walking towards me. Her eyes filled with tears. Martha ran from the kitchen to see what had happened. Lily came to me and closed her arms around my waist and started sobbing. Vincent looked at us for a split second and then stormed off upstairs.

I picked up Lily in my arms, she burried her face in my neck started crying. This was the first time I had seen her crying in the last month. I kept on soothing her and patted her back.

"Take her to her bedroom, I'll look after Jameson." Martha said.

I nodded and took Lily to her room. It took me the next 15 minutes to calm her down. When she finally calmed down Martha brought her food to the room and I fed her. As I was putting her down to bed she said,

"Appa has never scolded me like this."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to raise his voice at you. He must've been tensed from his work." I patted her head.

"But he never does that and I just wanted to hug him." Her voice had gone down to squeak.

"Don't worry about it honey. He'll definitely say sorry to you tomorrow." I said.

"Even if says sorry I will never talk to him again." She turned her face to the other direction.

"Come on now don't say that. Your appa will be sad if you don't talk to him." I tried to convince her.

"I don't care." She closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep. I sat by the side of her bed for he five minutes. Then I got up and went to Vincent's office.