The Wedding

"Benjamin, you may kiss your bride

"Benjamin, you may kiss your bride."

My eyes blur as I watch Benjamin, officially my new brother in law, lean down so gently and kiss Nadia. They both look stunning and the whole ceremony felt like something out of a fairytale.

For once neither look like they're ready to take over corporate America. Instead they look soft and beautiful with his suit perfectly complimenting her elegant wedding dress. Their usual rigid perfect posture and cold business attire is long gone, replaced by the warm delicate looks for today. Replacing the usual blacks and grays are tans and whites that so beautifully show off their tan skin in the setting sun.

I dab at my eyes, hiding behind the little bouquet of flowers I am holding so the entire audience doesn't see me cry. I look up to catch one last glimpse of the happy couple but catch Isaiah's gaze instead.

He shakes his head in amusement at my tears while he stands proudly behind his brother. In an almost unexplainable turn of events Isaiah in just under 24 hours went from looking for a flight off this island to being his brother's best man.

I don't know the exact details, since Nadia and I were in the bridal suite all day getting ready and only getting occasional updates from the boys via text, but apparently after I left to get ready with Nadia, Isaiah went to go find Benjamin. The details from there get a little blurry but I know Benjamin asked Isaiah to get ready with him, a bit of a silent peace offering, and Isaiah said yes, a silent acceptance of that peace offering. Somewhere between getting ready and walking down the aisle Benjamin's best man was swapped from his best friend from college to Isaiah.

By the time the ceremony began and I walked down the aisle the two were whispering gleefully at the altar, radiating happiness like I had never seen before. Honestly it was a sight almost as beautiful as my stunning big sister who was waiting behind me to come down the aisle.

I give Isaiah a shaky smile as I focus on the couple standing between us who break apart just as I return my focus to them. And if I wasn't crying before watching my sister reach up and wipe a single stray tear just about to break free from under Benjamins eye is the nail in my coffin.

Nadia hears my shaky breath as I try to protect my professionally done makeup and peaks back at me with a smile so bright it is almost blinding.

"I did it," she giggles as I hand her back her flowers so she can walk down the aisle officially as Mrs. Thompson.

"You did," I whisper as my bottom little quivers uncontrollably.

Benjamin gives me a small nod, his smile matching my sisters, before they walk down the aisle soaking up the endless amount of love everyone in the audience is showering them with.

Isaiah sticks his elbow out toward me and I take it, not sure if I am stable enough to get myself down the aisle without him basically dragging me.

"Shocker, who would have suspected you'd cry," he teases as we hold back a little bit longer, my arm still wrapped around his while we wait for the newlyweds to walk off before following behind.