IX

"She grabs a few books and pulls them a bit. I hear a metal clanking sound. The bookshelf opens like a door. I stand there astonished."

Tw: talk about sh, panic attack
Y/n's pov:)

My eyes widen at the sight. The room has a couch filled with cushy pillows. The walls are full of different drawings and writings from decades ago. There's bookcases filled with books I've never seen before. A colorful rug covers the floor. The best part has to be the record player though. A long string of star shaped led lights hang from the ceiling.

Morticia goes in and searches for something from a wooden cabinet. I slowly walk in, admiring the cozy chamber. I look around to see dust and trash all over the floor. Morticia lights up a few candles around the room and throws her matchstick in a trash bin.

"Oh", she exclaims with a hint of melancholy and nostalgia in her voice. I turn around and see her holding an old yearbook. She smiles sadly, sitting down on the couch and opening the binder. I sit down beside her and wrap my hands around her arm, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"This is a yearbook from 1990. I was a junior back then", she affirms while flipping through the pages. I grin slightly seeing the old pictures. A photo of young Morticia appears on a page and I grin. I wish I was as pretty as her. "I'm jealous of your beauty. I can't imagine being as pretty as you" I note laughing. She gazes at me, tilting her head. She looks at me with sympathy written all over her face. I look down back at the yearbook. "Y/n..", she says. "I was just complimenting you..", I mutter as I internally roll my eyes. I let go of her arm and flip the page. Morticia puts her arm around my shoulders and rubs arm.

I look around the room. I spot some records and see Heart Shaped World by Chris Isaak. I gasp excitedly and jump up. I run to the record and take out Wicked Game.

I lift the needle and set the record in place. I mess around a bit with the player and the record starts playing. "I love this song!!" I laugh. "How'd you know how to use a record?" Morticia asks bewildered. "Aloisia had one when I was younger. I used to listen to old records on it all the time", I smile at the bittersweet memory. "Who is Aloisia?.." She asks in confusion. My smile drops. "Oh she's my uh.. mom", I stutter, clenching my fist at the thought of her.

I stand there while the song plays in the background of my thoughts.

"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
Strange what desire will make foolish people do"

"We should head to the cafeteria, it's almost 7 pm", Morticia notifies. I turn around with a forced smile and nod. I turn off the record player and wait for Morticia. She puts the yearbook away and blows the candles out.

She walks to the door and pulls a lever on the wall. The clanking of metal continues for a while and then she pushes the door open. She steps out and I follow her. I push the door and hear it lock in it's place.

We get to the cafeteria and I take a bit of soup and some bread. I sit down with Morticia and sense someone staring at us. I look over my shoulder and study the cafeteria. I see Wednesday's murderous eyes staring at me. Her friend Eden is staring at me too. "What's wrong?" Morticia asks me as she drinks from her glass. "It's nothing. Wednesday and her friend are just staring at me weirdly", I comment turning back and pushing my soup around with my spoon. "Don't worry about Wednesday, she's just having a rough time moving schools", she smiles and rubs my shoulder. I hum back biting a small bite of my bread and leaning my chin on my hand.