five - 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗁

005.
𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗁

Moons pass and Lucaena saw the change her body made. Her once flat belly now pursed out, making it hard for her to stand up or even dress in a simple night shift.

She tries to avoid Aegon at all costs— when she can.

Her life had become a cage. A cage decorated with pretty flowers. But it was still a cage she was forced to sit in and look pretty.

That was what was expected of her.

She still hears the whispers,

Bastard queen

Daughter of a whore

She sighs and rests her eyes on the book that lies on her lap. It was harder and harder to do anything these days. Her body screamed with an ace.

She hears their voices— calling out to her. Some of them are shouting her name, some are whispering as if close to her ear. She often blames herself as well.

Her family was all dead. Why was she the only one that got to live?

Suddenly a hand rests on her shoulder and she jumps and turns around to look at the intruder. Standing tall, was Aegon. Lucaena notices his uneasy expression. 

She suddenly feels the urge to scream at him to leave. Why must he bother her so? They had done their duty, she had gotten with child. She just wants to forget that she ever married the man she recognize as a monster.

"Lucaena," he starts, then stops quickly to look into her eyes. She shudders at his piercing purple eyes which seemed to melt into her. "I have something for you,"

He brings his hand forth and Lucaena doesn't hide her gasp. Her eyes begin to form tears as she lays her eyes on the necklace in his hand.

Jace's necklace. The one she had given to him.

Why would you ever give me a necklace? Do you think I'll look pretty in it?

Oh, shut up Jace and just take it. Something to remember me by.

He had joked that she was courting him when she gave him it, that their stepfather Daemon did the same with their mother. Lucaena had laughed it off and smacked him across the head.

Jace was dead now.

She keeps her gaze locked on the necklace. "Where did you get that?"

When he doesn't answer she shouts again, "Where did you get it for fucks sake!"

She sees him stiffen at her loud voice and hands it to her. His eyes were glued to the ground, not meeting her eyes.

"Aemond,"

Her heart doesn't stop beating now, and she notices her breath starting to go feral. Aemond. Aemond had started the war when he killed her Arrax and took her from what should've been a peaceful negotiation. Aemond had seen Jace's body and stolen the necklace she had given him from his neck.

He had taken it from his dead body. Jace would not even get to die with it. He died scared and alone.

She doesn't respond to his comment and continues staring at the item in her hand. Suddenly she feels a sudden urge to just give up.