Indian Women Facing Violence Even In Lockdown!

The chairperson of the National Commission for Women (NCW), Rekha Sharma recently stated the increase in the number of complaints during the lockdown. Out of 257 cases, 69 are related to the domestic violence.

To protect the women from such violence, NCW has launched a WhatsApp helpline number in addition to the existing complaint links and emails. Through this, women will be complaining in an emergency and can seek the required help in return until the lockdown exists.

Our country has been affected badly by the coronavirus and lockdown is the only measure to get rid of it. Hence, we are advised to follow the preventive and safety steps by being at our homes.

But have you thought of the women not even safe at their homes? Some of the reported cases during lockdown are grounded on the reason that women are not able to reach the police or they didn't want to because they fear that after two or three days their husbands will be out and beat them again. Mentality of the unemployed and abusive persons are depicting their increased powers in torturing the women more than before during this lockdown.

More than the required number of steps have been looked upon, processed but seemed to fail, why? Because of the same narrow mentality that has already restricted our women to live the desired lives whether in the lockdown or the normal days.