42

Warning; Mature content in this chapter skip if you are uncomfortable

Seconds traveled into hours, hours to days and nights and the journey became a week but the memories remained fresh without moving along with the travel of time.

Every night his chest and arms heard the soft whimpers from my lips, his eyes saw the pain and trauma in my eyes, his words tried soothing the pain and his actions proved how desperately he wanted to eradicate the pain but it only worked for that moment thereafter I hide under the canopy of the painful incident.

I was more lost in my thoughts than I have been, the images of that day was clear as a blazing fire in the dark and my imagination kept drowning into the bubble what ifs; what if Romero and Damon didn't show up.... The thick tears rolled down my face and I could tell it woke him up from his shallow slumber cause of the sharp in take of his breath.

"Andrea" his mid night voice stumbled out perfectly from his sweet lips. The deepness and calmness of his velvety voice somehow stopped my racing heart but didn't take away the pain i was feeling. He sat up and rested his back on the headboard before pulling me up and cupping my cheeks.

"Are you never going to let go of this Angel? I know it's hard for you but the more you let it pay its rent in your mind the more it keeps hurting you. You haven't decided to let it go and that's why it's still clear in your mind cause you have refused to close that chapter of your life". His smooth deep voice mixed with his calm words of wisdom lubricated my heart and switched on a bulb of realization in my head.

He is right in every way but the problem is how to forget about it. "R..romero, i..I can't, I..I want to b.but.... "Shhh" he shushed me up and kept wiping the tears with his thumbs. "I know it's hard tesoro but that's why i am here, to help you forget what happened. You know if there was a way i could take in all the pain you're feeling I'll gladly do it cause it's killing me to see you like this and I'm dying to see that angelic smile again" his words hit a soft spot in my heart and triggered the tears again.

"Romero... I choked out and got on his thighs to hug him. My tears fell on his shoulder and my arms held him like he was my life line cause he was and i let my agony drown into his comforting embrace.

It seemed like eternity since I got drawn into this hug and I didn't want to ever let go but he pulled me away and rested his forehead on mine.

"Are you going to make me a promise Angel?" He whispered softly in my face and my head remotely moved under the sound of his voice. "You are going to promise me that this will be the last night I'll see you cry because of that asshole and you'll let me take away all the pain in your heart, can you make me that promise tesoro?" I didn't want to give a thought to what he was asking me to do cause It was high time I moved on. I have put him, Damon and my other friends through a lot of stress in the past week and I'll be a horrible person if I let this drag on for too long.