𝐍𝐋𝐘: I

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚁𝚊𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚁𝚊𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

Ms.Jackson clicked her pen twice.

"We've been sitting here for 20 minutes and you haven't said a word" She tilted her head to the side and looked at me in confusion.

"I have nothing to say Ma'am" I said.

"Interesting, why not?" she said writing something on her notepad.

"I just don't have anything interesting to say, uh can I leave now?" I said.

"Yes, But I expect you to come back next week with some sort of news " she said clicking her pen back.

I nodded my head and left the room, I met my friend Arie in the hall.

"I've been dying to tell you this, Jace got me a promise ring" she practically jumped out of her boots.

"Really?"

she showed me her small amber diamond.

And I forced a smile up my face. I was happy for her but I hated hearing about other people's relationships because it made me realize how lonely I am.

The bell rang and we said our goodbyes and spit to our classes.

I leaned on the wall across the classroom, waiting for the teacher to open the door from the inside.

And I saw him, that cute guy in the grade above me he had just joined the school a month ago not much is known about him but it was common knowledge that he is very nonchalant. We shared an elective he rarely attended. He was wearing a black Essentials hoodie, a North Face puffer jacket, and sweats.

But he never looked my way once.

Ms. Kayto opened the door and everyone walked directly to their desk and sat down. I hated being at school and being in the front with people looking at me, I could only imagine what they were thinking. I can't see their faces but I always feel the stares.

The class had begun and we had an exam I studied for a week in advance, I had to pass with at least a B plus.

I focused all my energy on the paper until the period was over.

- - -

The dismissal bell rang and school was over.

I rushed down the hall right before it crowded so I could avoid getting asked for rides. I usually don't mind giving rides but that's one of the only reasons girls talk to me, Just for a ride.

I was only a couple feet from my locker before I tripped over somebody's shoes.
I grabbed on tightly to whatever was closest and I felt an arm. An arm I was holding onto for my dear life. I looked up and it was him, again.

He laughed, it was the first time I ever heard him laugh... It was hideous but it would have been hilarious if he wasn't laughing at me.

I was too embarrassed to even say anything, why am I like this?

"You're wrinkling my sleeve" He said.

I looked down at my hand and I was still gripping onto his sleeve, I let go and regained balance, and I could hear the hall gradually filling up. There was an awkward silence before I grabbed my purse that had fallen from the floor and walked to my locker.

He looked at me confused and walked off.

"Oh" I said, I simply couldn't find anything else to redeem myself from this embarrassment.

I took my stuff from my locker and I sped off to the parking lot.

Comment • Vote • Share

The next day I couldn't forget the first-hand embarrassment I experienced, no matter how much I tried. I pretty much had gone the whole day without seeing him.

Which was a relief, but it only made me curious if he had even shown up at all. Then the bell rang and it conveniently jogged my memory. My last period for the day was English the one class he and I both shared. the teacher announced that the class had to write a poem in two days written yourself, I felt slightly conflicted, I hadn't written poetry since my fourth-grade poetry contest, which I lost.

"You remember the topic I assigned?"Mr. Reeves looked up.

"Uh Yeah, Passion?" I said.

"Almost, It's love and passion" he said

"I can't-"

"yes, you can, it doesn't have to be long it just has to be a poem" he said.

"But, Mr.Reeves I can't at writing any poems-" I said, I wasn't lying I just didn't want to embarrass myself per usual."Well, then good luck Ms.Carter "He said before, getting up from behind his desk.

Just. my. luck.

Messages

Arie
You coming to the game?

I can't

Arie
Aww, you're such a party pooper

Whomp, whomp

Arie
if you change your mind you still have a little more time

I doubt it but thanks

end of message

- - -

I've gone to a couple of basketball games but I was always Arie's third wheel which made it less fun.

I started my car but something sounded wrong with the engine. I started it once again, but nothing. Twice, nothing. even three times, and still nothing.

I left Mom a couple of calls but she didn't pick up. I didn't carry any cash for an Uber and I grabbed my purse, and my keys and walked home.
- - -

I arrived and realized her car wasn't in the driveway.

"great, just, great."

I unlocked the door, climbed the stairs to my room, and practically jumped onto the bed.

I heard the TV playing in, my brother's old room I opened the door and, to my surprise, my brother was on his bed watching TV.

"Malik? you're back" I said shocked.

"What? A dude can't come see his baby sis "He pulled me into a hug.

"Right." I side-eyed him.

"When did you get here?"

" I crashed at Keith's yesterday," he said."Did something happen on campus?" I asked raising up my brow."Nah" he said, scratching the back of his head. "And I thought I was bad at lying, I don't know what deep shit you got into but, I'm not helping you this time" I said crossing my arms together

He went silent.

"You couldn't help if you wanted to" he shook his head and rubbed his temples.

"Mal, I'm just glad you're back" I said. I hugged him again tightly.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
Hey everyone, I know it's been a long while since I updated this book so here you all go. I cleaned it up a little, what are y'all's thoughts on everything? I also edited my other books so go check them out, See ya'll soon!!

- shayywritesss