Chapter Thirty three

Lucas rides with Gabriel in his car while I follow in mine after packing some things for Lucas and I.

The house is quite far from mine, taking about forty minutes to reach. It's in an estate and in the estate, all the houses look like one another. As Gabriel pulls over, I pull over next to his car and before I can undo my seatbelt, Gabriel is already opening my car door for me and offering me his hand.

I smile and take it and he retrieves the bags from the backseat before I lock my car.

The house is a two-story building and looks simple from the outside. There are flowers planted around the front of the house except for the pathway that leads to the door.

Lucas' eyes are glued to the door, making Gabriel laugh. He takes out the key from his pocket and hands it to Lucas. He doesn't waste any time dashing to the door. "No running!"

He ignores my warning, face filled with excitement as he inserts the key in the lock, opens the door, and runs in. I'm sure he's more excited about the fact that he'll be spending more time with Gabriel.

"Why do you stay in the penthouse then?" I ask Gabriel curiously as we follow Lucas in. The house is nice and clean. It is also well decorated with a lot of soft colors like white and lilac. Random paintings are hanging around the house and there are also sentences inscribed on random parts of the wall. If I had such a nice house, there was no way I would abandon it for a penthouse.

I'm sure his penthouse was equally as nice, but there was just something about a house. It had a more homey feel and I was looking forward to getting one myself.

"It's easier. Plus, it's not very nice living in a big house all by yourself, is it?"

I shrug. He's right. It can't be nice to be alone in a house this big. It's more of a family house and not a bachelor's pad.

I go into the kitchen. The counters and aisle are pristine white with a bit of gold. Whoever decorated the house had taste. It made the house a warm place to live and I could see myself enjoying living here. Lucas, however, I could see him not wanting to live.

Gabriel is still behind me with the bags. "Your kitchen is very nice."

"Yeah," he grins. "I finally have the opportunity to cook for you every day."

"You're unbelievable." I chuckle, flattered by his comment. "Why don't you drop the bags? And show us our rooms?"

"Come with me. I'd give you a tour after."

I offer to take one of the bags from him, but he refuses, so I just follow behind him as we climb up the stairs. We reach the middle floor and he doesn't stop, going further up the staircase. "Don't tell me there's no bedroom on this floor."

"There are two." I can hear the grin in his voice as he says this. "But they are visitors' rooms and you guys are not visitors."

I try not to read too much into his words as we continue our journey, coming up to the last floor. He pushes open the second door on the floor.

"This is Lucas' room." Accordingly, he drops the bag that's meant for Lucas in the room and keeps the door open. I take a look around the room. It's bigger than his bedroom back at our apartment, but I don't expect anything less from Gabriel.

The room looks like it hasn't been lived in as it doesn't look personalized at all. In fact, it looks empty. If someone used to live here, they must have moved out. "This is nice."

"Do you think he'll like it?"

I arch my eyebrows at the question. "If you lived in a caravan, he'd like it as long as it's yours."

Gabriel smirks. "That's good to know."

I shake my head. Of course. "How about my room?"

He blinks innocently. "Your room? I assumed we'd be staying together."

While I never thought of that, I'm open to the idea. I don't know if we're moving too fast, but couples move in together, don't they? Gabriel and I were a couple. It makes sense that we'll share a bed. Not sharing a bed while in the same house will be a weird thing to do.

"Come on, let me show you to our room."

As he makes a move to walk past me, I hold his hand, stopping his movement. He raises an inquiring eyebrow at me. "Do you think we're moving too fast?"

"Not at all." He is quick to answer. I shoot him a deadpan look and he rolls his eyes. "Okay, maybe we're moving a little bit too fast, but I don't mind. Do you? I can give you a different room if you'd like."

"It's cool. I'll share with you."

He brings his hand up, rubbing the side of my mouth with his thumb. "I don't want you to have any doubts about our relationship, baby. I love you and I don't want you to think otherwise, okay? I'm doing everything I do because that's how I'll treat the person I love, which happens to be you."

I can't help my blush. "I asked you a simple question. I didn't tell you to get all deep and make me red."

"Oh, baby," he whispers and I can tell whatever he wants to say next will make me redder. "I can make you red in places you've never imagined."

Now, he got me imagining those places.

He kisses me shortly. "To our room."

I slap myself lightly to get rid of my thoughts as he opens the first door on the floor, right next to Lucas' temporary room. Unlike all the other rooms that are painted with soft colors, this has only dark colors; black and brown, with a touch of dark blue.

His comforter looks made and he has some things in the room, even if it looks like he hasn't been in here in a while. "When last did you sleep here?"

"I don't know. Maybe, a year? I have someone clean it regularly though and I come to check on it sometimes."

I can never understand people with money. He has two houses he cleans and takes care of regularly. "When did you buy this house? Hell, why did you buy it if you weren't going to live in it?" I ask him, walking further into the room. The desk looks new and polished. I wonder if it's just not used or if it was replaced.

"I bought it when my ex and I thought of moving in together. She never got to see the house."

I turn around to look at him and he gives me a sad smile. "I'm sorry about your ex."

"It's fine. It's a nice house, isn't it?"

Knowing he is looking to change the subject and not just fishing for compliments, I play along. "Yeah? Was the decor your idea or the designer's?"

"Mine," he says proudly. "It was something Lucy would've liked."

It's the first time he's actually saying her name when talking about her to me. It's not like he does it a lot though, but it makes me think it's probably getting fine as he said. When I first met him, I could hear the pain in his voice as he talked about her. "And your bedroom?"

He shrugs. "We weren't going to share bedrooms anyway."

I nod. I don't know if I like his bedroom decor more than I like the decor of the whole house. Gabriel seems like the kind of man that loves hard when he falls in love. He bought a whole house because he talked about moving in with his ex and he designed it to her taste. He seems like the kind of man who would do anything for those he loves. I am lucky to be loved by him.

"Before you get lost thinking about the dirty things I could do to you on this bed, let's go see the rest of the house."

My mouth falls open as I stare at his retreating back. "Gabriel!"

"Yes, love?" He answers, not turning around. "There's a gym! And what's supposed to be a game room. You'd like it."

I shake my head. No wonder I haven't seen Lucas since we got here. I wonder what else he has.