Chapter 9: Temple Blessings

During breakfast dadi maa said that she wants to go to the temple and take everyone with her. Who is possibly going to deny dadi maa?

At the Rao's house:

"Baba," Meera calls her father, he glances up from the newspaper. "Aaj sab ghar hai toh hum saab mandir ho aaye?"

(Dad, everyone is home today so can we go to the temple?)

"Of course mera bacha, bulao saab ko."

(my child, call everyone.)

At the Mandir:

"Meera bhua look at this! It's soooooooooooo cool. Mujhe chahiye, please bhua."

(Meera aunt. . . . . . I want it, please aunt.)

5-year-old Jai grabs his aunt's dupatta and gives her the best pouty face he could make. Meera glances ahead of her as her family make their way up the stairs to the temple.

"Which one meri jaan?"

(my love.)

"This one!" He points at the white car with flashing blue and red lights, Meera picks it up and hands it to Jai before paying for it. The shopkeeper smiles as he watches the dainty girl trying to contain her nephew's excitement.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"They must have fallen behind, Jai can be a handful and is always running behind his Meera bhua," Anushka tells Suman. They had bumped into the Singhanias when they reached the top of the stairs.

"Until then we can go inside," Suraj suggests gesturing towards the white-stoned temple.

"Nahi Suraj, hum Meera ke intazaar kr lein ge," Neel said. As they were waiting, Neel had gotten Rohan to apologise for what he has done and Reema introduced her daughter-in-law with great pride, who was wearing a hand stitched, designer silk saree and was covered in jewels. Neel felt more embarrassed at the fact that his wife, who should be apologising for their son's actions is showing off everything that was made for Meera.

(No Suraj, we will wait for Meera.)

Sensing the tension Neel was feeling, Suraj and Rohini blessed the young couple, "khush raho bacho, bhagwan aapko lambi umar de."

(Stay happy children, may God bless you with a long life.)

Just then they hear Jai's voice, "vroom, vroom, vrooooooom! Look bhua, my car is the fastest in the world!" Followed by a melodious giggle, "tell your car to move a little bit faster, dadi and dadu are waiting for us."

This caught Shourya's attention, he was wearing a white kurta, standing next to Rohini, as she was blessing him with all the happiness in the world. His eyes trained on the stairs, as he started to get peeks of brown hair and a light pink kurti and white dupatta. As she got closer, he could see her bright smile as she watched her nephew. She hadn't seen them yet as she hadn't looked up, but truthfully, Shourya wasn't sure if he was ready to have her beautiful eyes on him yet.