Chapter 10 - Reborn

Neveah

It started in my neck, a warm explosion of fuzziness, it felt nice, considering the low temperatures out here, it began to spread, warming up my shoulder, my face, my chest and my arm. And then it shifted, I suddenly wasn't comforted by this warm fuzzy feeling, It was attacking me, searing me alive and blistering my whole body with pain.

I began to move uncomfortably, my eyes opening. There was no source of pain anywhere, My stomach was nothing but a couple of scars and yet this pain hurt even more. I twitched, my head thumping against the ground. I felt as if I was being torn apart and rebuilt a million times. Was I in hell?

"Dios de salve, Maria," I gasped. I mumbled the rest of my prayer quickly "...Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros, pecadores,"

"What's she saying?" I heard someone ask

"She's praying."

I looked around wildly, still burning with pain. I hadn't moved anywhere, I was still in the battle field, the sky filled with smoke, the ground snowy although I was burning with pain. Around me the Cullens stood, they were all facing out towards the trees, my body in front of them. Another girl I didn't recognise was here too, crouched, watching me intently. Jasper hissed at her.

"Ahora, y en la hora de nuestra muerte," I said rapidly. "Amen,"

"You're not going to die, Neveah,"

I looked around wildly, wondering where the voice had come from, it was Esme, she tried to smile comfortingly at me, but none of the cullens were relaxed enough to hold their fake calmness for long.

"Control yourself," Jasper warned through gritted teeth, the girl retaliated, curling up into a ball with her hands in her head.

"Her blood..." she moaned

"You must learn to fight the thirst," Carlisle said simply.

"They're here," Alice said softly, everyone stood to attention, I turned my head slightly to see where they were looking at, through the fog, a group of cloaked people began to emerge, they walked in formation, never breaking out of step. I squirmed uncomfortably on the ground, gasping as my thigh started burning with this fiery pain.

Soon they were right in front of us, the closest cloaked figure's feet were just a couple of feet away from my face.

"Impressive," the first cloaked figure removed her hood revealing a young girl's face, she looked almost the same age as me. Maybe even slightly younger. "I've never seen a coven escape a large assault like that."

"We got lucky, Jane." Carlisle said.

"Oh I doubt that,"

The heat inside me grew stronger, I wanted to grasp myself, an automatic response when something hurt, but I could no longer control my limbs, I willed the cold to take over again, for someone to pour snow over me, even then, I don't think it would have mattered.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight," a deeper voice commented, I twisted to look at the second figure. A tall man with blood red eyes. My whole body shuddered and I was suddenly rocking backwards and forwards with no control whatsoever. I screamed, piercing and loud, the flames engulfed me and then died quickly before rising up again.

"New member?" Jane tilted her head, studying me. "Strange one, what happened to her."

"She was at the wrong place at the wrong time." Edward said.

"Pity," Jane nodded her head towards the young vampire behind us, "You missed one," The girl looked around, her ruby eyes crazed with frenzy. Jasper took a protective step in front of her.