2.5K 90 36

number five

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

for forty-five years, five and sebastian suffered through the apocalypse together. they trudged through rain, snow, ash, and practically every other element known to man.

a few months after their 58th birthday, in a camp they'd set two years prior that had almost become home, there was an intruder.

"do you remember that, uh little mansion just outside the city limits?" five asked, sitting opposite sebastian.

he furrowed his brow in confusion, so five continued.

"where we-"

recognition flashed across his face and his ears turned red.

five chuckled and nodded. "yeah. well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched." he passed him a cup. "picked up a few cases of your favorite bordeaux."

he gulped down his own cup. sebastian sighed and chastised him. you drink too much, five. been telling you for years.

"that's an exaggeration. you drink too, seb."

you know full well my body burns alcohol faster.

"ah, whatever. i work hard all day-" rubble shifted behind a half wall, silencing his protests.

they were on their feet in an instant. five cocked the shotgun he always carried beside him, and sebastian whipped two knives out of their holsters.

his stomach dropped as his eyes focused on the woman he'd been fearing for 45 years.

"hello sebastian, dear!"

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

the two sat in diego's basement/bedroom across from luther, explaining what they had already told vanya.

"when's it supposed to happen?" he asked them. "this...'apocalypse'."

"i can't give you the exact hour, but...from what i could gather we have four days left," five responded.

"why didn't you say something sooner?"

"it wouldn't have mattered."

"of course it would! we could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing!"

"for the record, you already tried."

"what do you mean?"

five's harsh exterior dropped a sliver, revealing to sebastian how scared he truly was. "i- i found all of you. your...bodies."

"we die?" god, luther was dense.

"horribly." five swallowed. "you were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"wait, how do you know that?"

sebastian reached into his pocket and retrieved the eye. he had taken it from five while he was drunk the night before, worried he would lose it.