Remember When...

On a beautiful cloudy day, a day like any other, where one wouldn't suspect any unusual incidents, the Kratt brothers were out exploring the rainforest of Borneo, wandering through the trees while listening to every whistle, every rustle, and every sound.

"Hush... Did you hear that?" Chris stopped all of a sudden, not moving a muscle.

"...I don't hear anything," Martin said in a hushed tone, coming to a halt right behind his brother. 

"There it is again!"

This time, Martin heard it. "Oh yeah... Sounds like a monkey," he supposed. They both looked around for the source of the sound, until-

"Martin, heads up!" Chris alerted as a fruit came falling right on Martin's head. "Ow!" he yelped as the fruit bounced off his head and on the ground. Curious, he picked up and analyzed the mysterious fruit, which looked like a sea urchin.

"A rambutan?" He raised an eyebrow. Chris tilted his head, a grin on his face. "Do you know which creature eats rambutans?" He asked rhetorically.

"If I'm not mistaking, it can be none other than-" he looked up with confidence at the tree the fruit had fallen from.

"A rhinoceros hornbill!" He pointed at a funny looking bird with black feathers on its body and white feathers on its legs, along with a white tail with a black band, both the beak and casque orange and red in color.

"Wow!" Let out the brothers in awe, admiring the creature as it made that same sound from earlier, almost similar to dog barks echoing through the trees.

"So that's what a rhinoceros hornbill chirp sounds like," Martin said. "And he already comes with a name: Rhino!" He happily declared.

"Rhino?" Chris chuckled.

"Yeah, Rhino!" Martin looked back up at the bird...only to find that it was gone.

"Rhino?" He called out. "Where'd he go?" He squinted his eyes through the tree branches above them, yet nothing.

"Dunno, but let's find out." Martin heard his brother say, as he turned around, finding he had already started climbing the tree. "Uhh, Chris... What are you doing?" He crossed his arms.

"Getting a bird's eye-view," Chris was putting all his focus into climbing. Martin observed him, amused, a genuine chuckle escaping him. "Any reason to climb, huh?" He teased, a smug look on his face.

Chris rolled his eyes, secretely smiling himself, finally reaching the branch they last saw the bird perch on. He carefully sat on the branch and squinted his eyes, looking around for any sign of Rhino.

A sudden harsh breeze, followed by a strike of lightning!

"Woah!" Martin yelped, almost jumping from fright. "Uhh, Chris... I think we should go-"

CRACK.

The Kratt in blue looked up to find the branch his brother was sitting on starting to crack, his eyes widened.

"CHRIS GET DOWN FROM THERE!" He yelled out, but before Chris could react, it was too late.

At that moment, the branch completely broke, sending him falling hard on the ground. "AAAAH!"

THUD.

"CHRIS NO!" Martin immediately came running to his brother, who was laying on the ground near a rock. He knelt on his knees and, with shaky hands, reached out to hold him in his arms, but gasped when he felt his hand getting covered by...blood!

He looked down with wide eyes to find a serious injury on the right side of his head; blood was covering his cheek, leaking down from a wound on his forehead, which he had gotten from hitting it hard on that same rock.