29. The Genius Strategist

Meilin is naive about love, but she is a genius in strategy to make up for it.

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

As Meilin continued to watch Jianmin standing outside her house through the video intercom, her nervousness intensified, and her heart raced even faster

As Meilin continued to watch Jianmin standing outside her house through the video intercom, her nervousness intensified, and her heart raced even faster. The last thing she expected was Yichen's wife to show up unannounced. Her mind immediately went to the possible conflict that could arise, given Jianmin's and Qingcang's hatred towards each other. "Pretty Eyes, hide and don't do anything, and don't show up until she leaves," she pleaded commandingly.

 "Pretty Eyes, hide and don't do anything, and don't show up until she leaves," she pleaded commandingly

'Not again...' Qingcang thought as his eyes shot wide open. He sighed deeply as he knew what was happening, significantly irritating him. He was forced to do things against his will because of his boundness to Meilin, and he could not do anything against it. He became invisible by going in black smoke before vanishing from sight.

As Meilin opened the door, she was immediately confronted by Jianmin's punishing tone. "Show me your phone," she demanded. "I know Yichen is cheating on me with you." The accusatory tone of the oppressive visitor's voice sent shivers down her spine, and she could feel her palms getting sweaty. She knew that Yichen was married, and she had never been involved in anything inappropriate with him. She did not deserve to be accused of something she did not do, primarily a homewrecker.

Meilin's heart sank as Jianmin accused her of something she had not done. She could feel her pulse quickening as she struggled to maintain her composure. "What are you talking about? I haven't had any contact with Yichen since he told me he was getting married," she said in a shaky voice.

Jianmin's expression grew even more severe as she commanded, "I don't believe you. Now, show me your phone."

Meilin hesitated initially but decided to prove her innocence by giving Jianmin her phone. Jianmin snatched the phone from her and quickly reviewed Meilin's messages and call logs. Her stiletto heels tapped impatiently against the marble floor as she scrolled through the phone. After a few moments, Jianmin's expression softened as she found no communication between Meilin and Yichen.