Chapter 1 - The Train

"Come on Coco, we're gonna miss the train!"

"Alright, Alright, I'm going as fast as I can!"

Coco smiled at Brownie and began to walk faster, weaving past the other students who were walking down the street towards the train station. Brownie had asked her out on a date to a nice park in downtown Hatchiko City.

"Hurry up Coco!"

Coco felt like Brownie was almost sprinting down the road.

"Come on Brownie, the train won't be here for another three minutes. We have time y'know."

"I know, but I don't wanna chance anything on our date!"

Brownie giggled and kept jogging down the road, Coco rolled her eyes and followed suit, her messenger bag dangling behind her. After making to the train station, they both hurried up the metal stairs and to the ticket booth. They got their tickets stamped, and continued on to the platform where they would wait for their train.

"See? I told you we had time."

"Huff huff w-hatever, at least we huff huff m-made it."

Brownie was almost out of breath, having to pause between words just to breathe.

"M-Maybe running w-wasn't huff a g-good idea..."

"Y'think?"

"S-Shut up..."

Coco giggled and turned to look down the railroad tracks, but the train hadn't yet arrived. She pulled out her phone and began to scroll through her notifications, and saw that Angel had texted her.

 She pulled out her phone and began to scroll through her notifications, and saw that Angel had texted her

"Hey Brownie..."

"What's up?"

"Do you know why the army's been in the city lately?"

"Nope."

"Do you have any guesses?"

"Pfft it's probably aliens or something. Oooh ooh or it could be ZOMBIES!"

Coco rolled her eyes.

"Come on Brownie you know both of those don't exist."

Coco paused for a brief moment as Brownie raised an eyebrow.

"I- You know aliens don't exist."

"Well do you have any better guesses?"

"I dunno, it could be some convoy."

"Maybe, but it's not really something I care about. I have more important things on my mind right now~"

Brownie leaned over and kissed Coco on the forehead.

"Aw jeez Brownie..."

Coco blushed and wrapped her tail around her waist.

"Hehe, you're such a cutie when you're flustered!"