Chapter Sixty One • Dying

*Warning Gory Chapter*

-Jade

Jade watched as Rowan's assassin tried to figure out where and how she had been able to stab him. 

He was is so young! She thought as her eyes flew over his face once more. He did not look a day over sixteen, and here he was... trying to kill her! 

For a fraction of a moment her heart ached for him, for his life that she soon would have taken from him. Then she remembered that he had tried to kill her. Had deliberately aimed for her stomach when he had thrown himself at  her. The goal of why he was here was perfectly clear; to kill Jade child and her.

Rowan must have sent him... but how...  how do you convince someone so young to kill so ruthlessly? 

"I have seen you before." She breathed, straining to not give in to the pain her wounds was inflicting on her. They seared, burned and pounded all at once. Overrunning her senses . "He sent a child to kill me."

The boy's face grew paler and paler as he tried to locate where his injury was located while he was being drained of time and blood. In his face she witnessed the exact moment when he realized that she had managed to hurt him, badly. Fear grew more intense and untamed in his face and eyes when he was unable to find the source of his bleeding. Not listening or hearing a single word of what she had just said. 

Not being able to feel safe without it, Jade had kept her knife on her at all times. Regardless of being back home and supposedly safe. Despite Elizabeth's confused looks and attempts to convince her to leave it in her chamber... or locked away somewhere... Jade had relentlessly kept it close by in order to feel at least a sliver of the safety she would have felt if Loren had been by her side. 

"Rowan sent you." She repeated herself and caught the boy's attention. His eyes were wild with fear of what was going on. "He sent you to kill me instead of doing it himself! That fucking coward!" She raised her voice as anger rose rapidly within her, as volatile and quick as wild fire spreads in dry grass. 

"He is not a-"

She forced her blade deeper into the boy's armpit before he could finish his sentence. Her fury taking control and she twisted the knife ruthlessly and violently in his fatal wound. Not letting his face out of sight while watching him squirm,  scream and groan as she ruined his body beyond saving. Repaying him for what he had done to her. Taking all of her anger and sorrows out on him. He was the closest she was to Rowan, and he was paying for everything his leader and brothers in arms had put her through.

He would bleed to death. He just did not know it yet. Perhaps she was bleeding out as well, she just had not had the time to find out... yet. 

What the fuck was the point of all of this if I will die now? She thought, forcing herself not to cry. If she was dying, then this extended part of Rowan would die with her. She would make sure of it. 

"He is the true k-k" The boy coughed blood between his words. 

"STOP!" She screamed at the assassin and stabbed him anew in his armpit. Slicing through flesh and veins. So enraged with the blind obedience and fear Rowan had fused into the young one's mind that she barely noticed the spray of blood hitting her face. 

"The queen is wounded!" Master Bergen suddenly bellowed darkly across the throne room. From the sound of his voice she could tell that he had been trying to get a reaction from the guards or whoever would listen to him for some time now. Stress and urgency rung sharply in his voice as he aimed it at those around them. Demanding someone to do something else than just watch in horror as Jade was wrestling and crawling in her own blood along with her attacker. "Get the people out of here! Get all of them out NOW!" He shouted at someone. Whoever it was, Jade did not know. Nor did she have the time to care of see for herself.