14: Bobby Is Content With Life

Everything was as it should be in Bobby's world. She relished in a sense of completeness while kneading her chosen sleeping spot.

There were three main reasons for Bobby's sense of contentment this night:

Firstly, Brody was back home, currently snoring away in his bedroom. Bobby could hear him through the walls. The sound formed the perfect backdrop to lull kitties into slumber.

To welcome Brody—who had proved himself to be a reliable minion since he hauled Bobby out of a trash can while Tristan cheered on from the sidelines—back home, Bobby had paid him a visit after he'd tucked himself in, placing herself on his pillow to graciously let him stroke her fur. She figured he must have missed her pleasant company while he was away, and, Bobby could allow herself to admit, she may have missed him a little bit too.

After all, having him in the apartment meant more attention for Bobby, which was always a good thing, and, of course, more capable hands to open tuna cans.

The second reason for Bobby's current contentment was that her room was once again available since Tristan had thankfully offered the glittering girl to sleep in his bed. Bobby was thankful he was willing to make such a sacrifice of bed space for her sake. Just because Tristan was larger than Bobby didn't mean her bed space needs should be discounted. Taking full advantage of the situation, Bobby arched her back in a crescent shape and flexed her paws in both directions.

Although thinking about it, it didn't sound like Tristan and Vyrsa were sleeping at all. Bobby could hear them whispering and giggling despite it being way past the non-feline residents' bedtime.

She supposed it was acceptable as long as they weren't too tired to serve her in the morning. Although considering his previous absence, Brody could probably pull double shifts on kitty duty if necessary.

Lastly, Bobby was pleased that Frances had been blissfully absent from her view all day. Perhaps the pestering poodle had gone on vacation. Regardless, the lack of her fluffy silhouette on the streets below considerably brightened Bobby's mood.

Now if only Tristan and Vyrsa could shut up so Bobby could get some sleep. Bobby briefly considered if she should go and scratch on Tristan's door to give them a stern warning about their behavior but surmised that she didn't have the energy for such excursions. So she draped her tail over her ears to hopefully block out their chuckles and smooches.